Non-demountable rim size?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Non-demountable rim size?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry M Young on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

I just received a my new non-demountable wheel back and the rim measures 25" edge to edge. My other wheels measure 24'. My old rim was bad, asked the vendor to supply another rim (30 x 3) to go with my hub and of course new wood. What rim do I have? My new tires I don't think will fit. Anyone know what's up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 03:26 pm:

Jerry, I just measured the non-demountable 30 x 3 on the front of my '14 Touring, and the diameter is 25", edge to edge.

I also measured the non-demountable wheels on the rear of my car, and they are 24" in diameter, edge to edge.

How does your tire compare to the rim you just received?

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry M Young on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 03:52 pm:

Keith, I remeasured all my wheels on the car, all measure 24" including the old wheel that is rusted. I'm thinking the previous owner installed rims for 30 x 30 1/2 tires all around. Your measurements indicate (I think) your car has the right setup (30 x 3 in front and 30 x 3 1/2 rear). I did't measure rims before I requested the vendor to supply the replacement rim for the front, assuming the car had the correct rims on it. My car is a 1914 touring as yours. The vendor , I think, has supplied the correct rim for the front. My problem now is I have mis-matched wheels for the front. What to do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry M Young on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 03:57 pm:

Is the possible the install 3 x 30 1/2 tires on 30 x 3 rims? If not, I'll have to get a new 30 x 3 tire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 03:59 pm:

Hi Jerry, Well, I guess it's your decision. Sell the odd wheel you have now and buy another one to match the others you have, or buy another 30 x 3 wheel so you'll have two of the correct size on the front.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry M Young on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 04:10 pm:

Thanks, I think I'll get the correct tire for new wheel, then get another 30 x 3 wheel and tire as you suggested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 09:24 am:

Looks like those Canadians knew what they were doing!!!
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 10:47 am:

Yes, the 25" rims are 30 x 3. That's the original front wheel size, but sometimes you find they've been changed to match the rear wheels.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration