OT - An amusing travel story

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - An amusing travel story
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 11:46 pm:

The wife and I are traveling in our Motor Home and are currently in Los Vegas. Last night we saw the Blue Man Group at the Monte Carlo. We then strolled the strip for a while then went back to our MH. When we got back to the MH the wife could not find her Galaxy S5 phone. I figured that since she had it in an open pocket of her purse that she got pick pocketed.
We spent the day getting a eight dollar phone at Best Buy then going to AT&T to get it turned on. That also got her Galaxy declared lost or stolen so it could not be used.
This after noon when my son, in St. Louis, found out about the loss he got on the internet and found the phone in our RV park.
The wife did the looking that she should have to begin with and found the phone under her seat in the MH. Seems it slipped out of her purse when she set it down.
The thing that amazes me is that my son was able to locate the phone even after AT&T said it was impossible. And from 1400 miles away at that. Ain't technology grand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 04:58 am:

Steven,

Yes, that is amazing! But, why didn't you just call your wife's phone from your phone once she couldn't find it? I do that all the time when I miss place my phone. If you couldn't hear the ring tone then either the phone is on silent or lost/stolen outside the motorhome.

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 09:52 am:

I need your son's technology so I can tell where my daughter is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 10:00 am:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 10:28 am:

Wife had turned down the ring sound for the show and had not turned it back up. Yes I tried calling it but could not hear a ring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 11:56 am:

Steven, it sounds like he may have used something similar to an app I have called "Find My Phone." Never needed it, but I can call it up on my desktop and it always tells me that the phone is right here in the house.... :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration