Windscreen question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Windscreen question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter, Lithgow, NSW Australia on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 12:23 am:

Guys, I need some help. I have had the glass replaced in the two panels of my '27 tourer windscreen but now the top panel hits the bottom panel when trying to close. The don't line up. The top glass clamps hit the bottom panel glass clamps. I have taken off one of the glass clamps and the new glass is sitting level with the frame and the glass clamp is sitting down on the frame as far as it will go but there is about a quarter inch gap between the clamp ear and the glass. Pics attached.

The glass clamps don't appear to have top/bottom or left/right specific positions. I, stupidly, didn't take notice of the previous setup before the glass was replaced.

Now, before you ask, I do have the rubber strip for the bottom edge of the top panel, just not refitted as yet. Also, yes my steering wheel is on the "wrong" side. :-). Cheers, Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 12:45 am:

Well, I think the glass clamps should go on further until they actually clamps the glass. What's stopping them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter, Lithgow, NSW Australia on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 01:16 am:

Roger, I agree but they seem to be fully seated. I will take them all off and see if I can get them to seat flush.

Paul

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration