More progress

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: More progress
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 09:10 am:

With a shavings pile and off-cut stack like this, you could expect more, but I have been machining most of the timbers ready to go on without having to set up each time.pacemaker

This combination machine was made in Adelaide when we still had a manufacturing industry. It's a Durden Pacemaker 10" saw and 6" buzzer. I have its older brother too.

The door hinge pillars are fitted, and the curved original top piece grafted in.door pillars

You see the two hand forged strengthening brackets fitted to the two door pillars. Also shown is the metal horseshoe shaped front piece following the firewall. This has the cowl panel spot welded to it. Somehow I have to stiffen it, because the firewall has to come off so the edge of the panel can be formed atound it.

Until 1925 all Duncan and Fraser built cars had one piece cast brass door hinges which protruded outside the body. In 1925, when they were building the bodies for Ford to assemble in the Dalgety woolstore in Geelong while the Ford factory was being built, they introduced
concealed door hinges for yhe first time. To fit these, the door pillars had to be radically cut.hinge relief

You can see why the front bracket became necessary. I will not cut these reliefs before I have made the new cowl panel, as it is hand beaten to the timbers.

More to come.
Allan from down under.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration