Auction report

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Auction report
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 11:35 am:

Yesterday's auction in Lanesboro Iowa wasn't a big one. It started at ten and was over by three. It wasn't great for me, but maybe some of the stuff I got will pay for a space at Chickasha next spring.

As usual, action began with the stuff on the trailers.

Mike Vaughn got a few boxes of coils.

There were a lot of wheels, but not much of interest to me. The deal of the day was that green 26-27 wire wheel that went for $30. It was excellent, and the guy who got it was amazed and delighted a the price.

Here's an interesting piece of farm equipment for powering machinery with a Model T engine. I didn't write down the final price, but it went for $150+.

The pulley bolts to the Model T transmission.

The front of the T engine attaches here.

Engines and transmissions were mostly starter-era, but I did get a pre-starter transmisson that looks pretty good. Forum member Bill Kerndt (straw hat) bought a lot of stuff, including a very nice tail light I could have used, but I was far too cheap to outbid him on it. :-)

This 1927 touring went for $7500. It wasn't pristine, but a good buy for the price.

The 1927 roadster (center) may have been the best buy. It sold for only $5300.

A very nice 1926 coupe topped out at $6000. When it didn't go any higher, the owner decided to keep it.

This 1924 Tudor included a new roof kit not installed, and needed upholstery. It brought $3500.

The TT, which the auctioneer thought was a "1914", sold for $2750. It appeared mechanically sound, but I was not a fan on the home made body.

Not a great auction, but a pleasant day in the country.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 12:25 pm:

Thanks Steve

Its nice to know what T's and parts sell for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 12:30 pm:

Would have loved to have that Tudor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 12:43 pm:

Wish I'd have been there. Wish I'd have had the auction. I don't like that "decided to keep it" deal, either from the auctioneer standpoint or the bidder standpoint. If the seller is willing to take more than he thought he would get out of some things he has to be willing to take less than he wanted out of some others. We have that conversation when I do the booking. Roll the dice, bite the bullet, have an auction. If you want to have a garage sale and price it you should do that. If you want to have an auction I will do everything I can to get you top dollar but there are no guarantees. 33 years, 408 auctions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

Thanks for the report and pictures!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 03:12 pm:

Steve,

Thank you for the update! Many of us cannot attend due to distance or other commitments.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 04:26 pm:

I don't think the coupe that did not sell was owned by the guy that held the auction, I believe it was owned by a friend of his.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 10:28 pm:

Too bad I had to work yesterday, although the wife will kill me if I bring home another T.

Jerry is a friend, but I would have been bidding against him for that Tudor. Whatever Jerry bid I would have matched and included a case of beer.

Were all the cars running?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 10:30 pm:

Dave - Yes all the cars were running.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 10:39 pm:

Mike, I am going to get Rose to talk to Beth about the laundry, looks like that Montana shirt has shrunk a bit!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 12:12 am:

Chris - You guys fed us very well in Canada last month! Going to have eat less for the next 60 days or so and take it off again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 03:15 am:

Wow, 4 complete running cars under 10K! I can only dream of buying cars like that in Australia. Ebay cars and MTFCA classified adds seem to have fairly big prices attached? Which is more accurate? Was surprised that the ebay auction for the Lau collection Torpedo did not go past 20K. A rare complete early Ford. Seems to be wild variation in prices? What do you guys think?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 03:33 am:

The higher prices generally seen in national advertising are the asking prices. What you see at auctions are actual selling prices. While some cars do sell at the higher prices, I think a lot of them don't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 12:36 pm:

The torpedo was missing a few bits coupled with the fact it was a non runner didn't help the price. It sold for $20,223 US.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 04:48 pm:

Some good buys at those prices. I'm seeing 1920s Ts for sale on Hemmings and elsewhere for over $15K and I'm not talking mint condition cars with fitted with an OHV and Warford. Sellers it seems are setting prices based on restoration costs. As much as I like Ts I'd rather buy a Model A roadster for that price.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration