OT waking up long dormant machines

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT waking up long dormant machines
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 02:30 pm:

Last week I started up a 1921 Dodge Brothers screenside truck that had last run in 1933. After lots of careful prep work, oil change, new battery cables, and the like, I stepped on the starter button. That 12 volt starter/generator noiselessly cranked the engine up and it settled into a perfect idle. This kind of thing just never gets old. This old Dodge is one of the best sounding DB's I have heard, it only has 6800 miles on the clock. Sadly, I can't drive it because it has sat outside all of its life and the wheels are beyond use. The owner will have to find replacements or pony up a bunch of cash for respoking the wheels. It will probably be sold to someone else who will deal with that. Sure is fun to bring old machines back to life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

Pictures, please? :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration