1910 up for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1910 up for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 02:50 pm:

Heres another 1910 up for sale:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Touring-Great-History-LAU-COLLECTION-/16180 3302870?forcerrptr=true&hash=item25ac3a77d6&item=161803302870

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 03:22 pm:

Missing a lot of expensive things. Engine, speedometer drive, transmission cover, engine pan, all incorrect for the year. Top and upholstery are screwed up. The red chassis is really odd. It is a late 1910 body. At the right price I would like to own it, considering it is missing many costly items and needs to have rework that will cost $20K for me to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 04:18 pm:

Gotta love those '50s "restorations". There are a lot of very nice correct parts there. Too bad no effort was made to put a correct engine in it when it would have been easy, and relatively cheap, to have done so. They say that this engine was in the car when he got it, and maybe it had been for a long time. I couldn't tell in the photo if it was a single or double valve cover, but it is a generator era motor.
A good wash and a couple cases of rattle cans could improve the look of that car a whole lot. But that coil box has to go!
I will be curious to see how high the bids go.
Drive carefully,and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 05:10 pm:

This is part of the Fred Lau collection and for years sat right in front of #220.

Fred was well aware of the incorrect parts, and I'm sure a good number of the correct parts can be found at the garage sale Oct 24 & 35.

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

Who is planning to go to the Lau swap? I can't go but it really needs to be filmed for the forum to watch. I bet the amount of goodies will be staggering and garage sales like this are once in a lifetime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 04:23 pm:

I hope whoever gets this car straightens the wishbone and gets the proper caster angle in it. They bent it on purpose to correct the caster. That's never the solution as it only serves to shorten the effective length of the wishbone, which only makes the problem worse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 05:46 pm:

All the parts are in Fred's garage to make that car correct. To bad they are not offered with the car. It's only speculation to think what Fred would have done, I think there may be a lesson for us all here. Fred enjoyed his stuff and was a real student of his cars. Sad to see it all go, Fred was a real nice man and a wealth of knowledge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 09:35 pm:

Let the seller know. The car will bring much more that way. He's got to be interested in that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 10:22 pm:

some people just don't care.about 15 years ago a 09 or 10 sold at auction in kc mo the pan & hog head was in a pile of parts no one even bid on.a friend got them for me after the sale they are in my pile now. Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

I am in Seattle right now if someone ends up buying this or another vehicle ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 02:18 pm:

The 1910 sold on eBay today for $21,100.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 02:39 pm:

For viewing in the future here is a picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 02:54 pm:

$21,100 is not too bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

Not too bad for whom?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

Maybe the camera angle, but, that camber on the axle does'nt look to flash!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration