Are the early six rivet rear axle housings serial numbered?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Are the early six rivet rear axle housings serial numbered?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 10:12 pm:

I was cleaning up some rear axle housings and found a serial number stamped in the same manner as on the engine block on the inside of one half of the rear housing.
Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 05:48 pm:

Hi Herb. I haven't heard of numbers stamped on rear axle housings, but my 1909 oil pan has a 4 digit number stamped into it.

Andrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:21 pm:

Good to hear from you Andrew. Does your pan number fall in the range of a car serial number that you know about?
I'll send you a PM.

Herb

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration