High compression pistons

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: High compression pistons
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 11:15 pm:

Seen a lot on high compression heads what about the HC pistons are they worth it if wife won't let you spring for a HC head

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 11:22 pm:

Go ahead and buy the head.
Remember...it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 08:53 am:

I like using H-C pistons and milling the head if I'm building an engine anyway. If your engine is staying in the car, it's easier to change the head. Either way will get you higher compression and a more powerful engine. The high-comp piston/milled head route is less money than a new high-comp head (about half as much), and you still have a stock-looking engine with a cast iron head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 07:16 pm:

I put HC pistons in the engine on a 1914 Touring we tour heavily. It runs nice and sounds good. They have been in the car since about 1998. No problems what so ever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:02 pm:

I agree with Mike. I put the HC head on my car that already had a good engine, but installed HC pistons and stock heads on the engines I've either had to re-ring or rebuild.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:59 pm:

Well money the major issue for my TT so I go HC pistons and mill the head

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 09:17 am:

How many variations of high compression pistons are there? Sources? Any specifically for OHV heads?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration