OT drive belt for quadricycle replica

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT drive belt for quadricycle replica
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 11:15 pm:

The Webb drive belt on the quadricycle that my dad built is worn out and coming apart. It is 1/4" thick, 1 1/2" wide, and 5' 2" long. Suggestions on a good source? Also need the coupling parts to fasten the ends togrthrt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Kile ....San Jose CA on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 11:17 pm:

Try McMaster-Carr for belting material...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 11:54 pm:

http://leatherdrivebelts.com.
The owner, John Knox is a great guy. They can make endless belts or belts with metal lacing.
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 07:23 am:

Harry,

Yes, John Knox is very good and a nice guy as well. He does great work! I need to have him make a couple more belts for me.

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:01 am:

I have never dealt with a supplier more concerned about his customers. I truly believe if a customer had a problem John would not be able to sleep until it was solved.

This must have been how it was when our cars were new. Too bad it's a rare occurrence today.

Howard Dennis

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration