Helping the Newbies is important guys !!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Helping the Newbies is important guys !!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 02:35 am:

So Martin Vowell and I have taken a newbie under our wings, Great young man under twenty and a 4month T owner. Car has been sitting awhile so Mart and I are doing the important checks and showing how it's done. Emergency brake repair, brake adjustment, New rings and glands for Vac. leak, wiring harness replacement. Trying to find a short, etc.
Meet Derrek Pang w/Mart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Phillips on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 03:19 am:

you have just reduced the average age of the forum by a few years? months? days? - well done

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 05:10 am:

Wonderful! Thanks guys. Nice runabout also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 05:40 am:

Good Job!
Does he have a complete notebook of Martin's line drawings? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 06:09 am:

Rock on Derrek!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 07:56 am:

The very reason i bought a 1926 touring for my son in law and daughter. To teach them the fundimentals of repair and operation of the incredible model t.

Of course I could do the work in 1/2 the time with ease, but I remembered how I learned. My father bought a model t home made tractor and told me if I could get it running I could learn how to drive it. At 14 that was all the encouragement it took.

He gave me a Dykes and told me to read the chapter on model t. Then gave me some hand tools and the rest as they say is history.

We need to forward our knowledge and expertise to anyone that is interested. This is the only way to keep our cars and their history alive and well.

Congrats on your effort and help to the next generation of model t lovers.

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:29 am:

Good job on that. Any word on what year the car is? Looks like a '20 - '22.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 04:09 pm:

What brings Derrek to the world of Model Ts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason...........Whittier, CA on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 05:44 pm:

Is that a duct tape bandage on his right thumb? He'll fit right in with this crowd.
Welcome, Derrek and Best regards.

(Message edited by brianeliason on August 24, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 07:38 pm:

Welcome to the world of Model T's Derrek! Plan on another one... and another....and... well you get the point!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

In this plastic world of phone apps and video gaming, what on earth
moved a young guy like this to fancy an old rattle-bang "embarrassment"
like a Model T ???

Poison a mind like this and, who knows ? ... it could catch on with a
friend or two and the sickness will infect a whole new generation ???

Good on you guys for being mentors. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

Good luck, Derrek. I just got off the phone with my daughter. She is in college and I told her we would come down this weekend to see her in our “car”. She says ‘ Dad can’t you just bring a NORMAL car’!!! Very discouraging; thought she would learn to appreciate my OLD stuff. Told her it was normal in 1926. Oh well. With the new cars these days you have to have expensive machines and be a computer jock to work on them. So enjoy the T Derrek.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 12:31 am:

Actually I made an error, he's under 30, collage student with a job also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 06:25 am:

Martin and George – Way to Go!

Derrek – Welcome aboard! Great looking runabout!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 07:36 am:

Yup, that's the way to go!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 11:23 pm:

very good well done!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Billing on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 12:27 am:

Martin and George, You are to be commended for mentoring this young man. I wish I had experienced guys to show me the ropes. This forum is great, but to actually have people with hands on experience perform the work with the new owner, cannot be beaten.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration