Ring gap

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ring gap
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 04:17 am:

I received a phone call from some one going through a stock cast iron piston T engine with a question on ring gap, he ran by me what he had and alarm bells went off.

Where did you get those specs!!!.

Mac's specifications & identification sheets was the reply.

Surely this should have been brought to their attention years ago!!
The right specs for cast piston rings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 12:50 pm:

On the subject of piston rings,
has anybody tried the gapless "Totalseal" rings? Gene Berg, a VW racer and performance expert, swore by them. Seems like they may enhance performance in a slow running engine like the T. Slow running = more time fro gases to leak by the rings.
Just wondering.
Roar

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 02:23 pm:

The numbers are up-side down.
Also too close for today's gasoline.
It was discussed recently on this forum.
I use: .016" top ring, .012" second and .008 for the oil ring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 02:58 pm:

Ya I was going to try some until I saw the price. I opted for a set of oversized rings so I could get the proper gap to stop my oil burning.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration