T nut fix

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: T nut fix
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 08:25 am:

Most of the screws in the body of my roadster were rusted out and would not screw out. When pulled out, their holes were well oversize. I needed to save the bent backboard, and came up with the following fix for the oversize screw holes.

Using a spade bit, I drilled a land over the flogged out countersink. countersink

Then I drilled a 1/4" hole through the pillar and put a new countersink on the inside.countersink

A 1/4" countersunk metal thread (excuse the Phillips drive, it won't be seen) was screwed in.phillips

In the original outside countersink, the metalthread engages a T nut, altogether a neat and much stronger solution.tnut

Knowing how much we English speakers diverge, you probably have a different name for a T nut.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 08:49 am:

nope we call them T nuts also

if this is what you are referring to :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 08:53 am:

I thought you were going to tell us that you were the "T nut" and you bought another T to get your "fix"! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:10 am:

I will not say what I was thinking. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration