Has anyone ever seen a gear like this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Has anyone ever seen a gear like this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wallace B on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:56 am:

This engine was purchased by a friend at an auction not long ago and has a worm type gear on the end of the transmission. Any ideas as to what accessory it may have driven? The hogshead was missing when it was purchased.GearGear2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:06 am:

Accessory speedometer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:13 am:

Definite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 11:42 am:

Rare gear but a transmission cover with the driven gear was on Ebay lately.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wallace B on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 07:38 pm:

Thanks for the replies back. I've seen quite a few Model T accessories but have not seen a Model T transmission mounted speedometer before. I also check ebay as was suggested and found the trans mounted speedometer cover... first one I've ever seen!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 08:25 pm:

See also similar speedometer threads at:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/237856.html Which includes the patent information for the Patterson version.

Nash version -- but uses different gears but still in the transmission: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/168538.html

And I looked but I did not find it -- I thought I read a posting in the past where someone reproduced a similar set up back in the 1960 or 1970s? It had a two piece gear on the transmission shaft that tended to eat up the small driven gear.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration