The T Family has lost Another Great One

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: The T Family has lost Another Great One
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 12:32 pm:

It is very sad for me to let everyone know that this weekend we lost Jerry Sweet of Ely Iowa! Thur ev he suffered a stroke that he was unable to survive. Many of you will remember Jerry from many years at Hershey & Chickasha as the T Body guy!! He had put more Ts back on the road again by restoring bodies for us than anyone else I know of. Jerry's restored T bodies are not only giving our US Ts a new life, but can be found in Canada,Scotland,England & other places as well? A True Friend of 50 years I will miss his friendship & expertise. At Hershey we will miss him always sitting by his restored T body and ready to chat with anyone passing by! He was in good spirits up to the last & finished his last T, a '14 Roadster body just last week! We look forward to visiting with any of his friends at Hershey - right next to his old space in the Yellow south Field. Sadly - John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Meixner on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 12:38 pm:

I will miss him as well. He had bought several bodies from me to restore and I always enjoyed talking to him how he saw the T market going. Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 02:36 pm:

One heck of a nice guy.He will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 02:46 pm:

Great guy and a big loss for the T group, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 03:15 pm:

That's too bad. I always enjoyed visiting with him at Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike kolsrud on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 03:15 pm:

I met Jerry a few times and chatted a lot with him in Chickasha a couple of years ago what a great guy he will be missed . it is sad that we keep loosing all this knowledge from our model T group

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Danek_ Salem, Mass on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 03:19 pm:

Will miss visiting him at Hershey. Always had a good story to tell about restoring t bodies Rest in peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 05:51 pm:

O'l Jerry. He always brought a smile to my face, cause talking with him was always such a mix of insight, fun and folly. He was a hard working guy who strove to do the best he could for you even at his own expense. Enjoyed dinner with him and his wife when traveling thru Iowa. We will miss you Jerry. May you rest in peace and my condolences to his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 06:25 pm:

I'm so sorry to hear this. Jerry was a great guy, a top-notch craftsman, and very proud of his Native American heritage. He rests now with the Great Spirit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 06:55 pm:

I'm saddened by this news. Visiting with Jerry has always been one of the highlights of my pilgrimages to Chickasha. I also had the pleasure of visiting with him at swaps in Minnesota once in a while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 07:02 pm:

Jerry's Hershey spaces in the Red Field South were only a short stroll from ours. I will miss not stopping by each other's spaces for a chat and some yuks.

Sincere condolences to the Sweet family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:44 pm:

Jerry was one unique guy and was loved by all of us. He knew you and you couldn't pass by his space without him coming out to meet you and to swap a story or two. Seems he always had a finished roadster body sitting there waiting for its new home. This hobby is made up of so many unique people each with their own free spirit and pretty much every one trying to make their own contribution in some fashion. Jerry will indeed be missed. Rest in peace good friend. The rest of us will be along when our work here is done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 08:41 pm:

I, too, greatly enjoyed Jerry's fellowship at Chickasha. His spot in the south building was one of my first stops and I always marveled at the high degree of workmanship in the beautiful T bodies he'd bring. My prayers for God'z Grace go out to his family

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 08:51 pm:

Obituary -

http://www.thegazette.com/obituaries/geraldjerry-sweet-20150825-0001077449-01

I talked to him many times over the years at various swap meets. Loved the humor.

Never knew he was originally from Minnesota.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steve johnson on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 12:03 am:

Sorry to hear this!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 07:16 pm:

Hi From Iowa! We had our last with Jerry today! Many people and endless stories from some of the many he had touched!!!There were some nice Ts (including his old red '15) as well other cars from our club! I made it with our '26 Fronty speedster(the car of ours that Jerry never warmed to because it was not as FORD MADE IT-but the only T I had going today!! I must be suffering from mild CRS as the yellow field was the mud hole several years back? Our group sets up in the Red field south of the stadium - See you there!!! John

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration