Atwater Kent model LA

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Atwater Kent model LA
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael larsen on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 02:17 pm:

What is the value of a NOS Atwater Kent model LA distributor ?
NOS with all ht-leads-wires-labels-box and instruktion leaflet .
All in mint condition .

Regards Michael from Denmark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael larsen on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 02:31 pm:

atwater kentatwater kent1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 02:43 pm:

That is beautiful. I have and am running several A-K LAs and they are an asset. A new one in the original box and information, tags, etc. is priceless.
I would never install it...except in a museum.
But that is no help, is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 11:05 pm:

Contact the museum of American sped for the Bill Smith collection, if they already have one and yours is complete I would think you should be able to get $400.00 for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 11:25 pm:

The three rarest things I see are the resistance unit, extension used for 26/27 and the box. Ok a 4th, it's NOS! :-) Very cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 06:05 am:

Were there any pot metal used in the A-K disturbutors?
If it was, then there may be a reason it has remained NOS :-)
(I've seen NOS pot metal parts swelling on the shelf so they couldn't be used - but still cool collectibles)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 09:45 am:

This unit has appeared in the Classifieds section.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 10:04 am:

I don't think all of the bodies were made out of the cheaper "pot metal" like the Tornado was. The ones like A-k's and Bosch seem to hold up better then others and may have used a better grade metal in their construction.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration