Counteract Balancing Beads

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Counteract Balancing Beads
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Mathis, Van Buren, AR on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 02:30 pm:

I was just talking to a friend with a Model T and he said he recently added Counteract balancing beads to his tires. He said it made a world of difference in the vibration of the T - well worth the expense. Have any of you had experience with the Counteract Tire Balancing Kit?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 02:47 pm:

Roy, i have used them and they seem to work pretty well. One thing i will say is that they are a PITA to get them in with the tube and plastic bottle they provide. What i ended up doing was to fill the plastic tube that attaches to the valve stem 1/2 way with the beads, and slowly blow them in with an air nozzle...Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 02:50 pm:

I've used Dyna beads or Counteract for years. I like them, but as John said they're a pain to install in rubber tubes. You can use a cheap vibrating engraver, like the harbor freight one, and it helps a lot. If you change to the original metal tubes you just install them after the rubber stem is cut off and before you put the metal stem in and it's easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 02:52 pm:

YES, Ralph Ricks and I use DynaBeads which I think are the same thing. They work very good when you reach about 15 MPH or so and your tires are always in balance as they wear. Below that speed balance isn't really an concern.

You can see how well they work with a simple demo of a plastic bottle with a weight taped to the outside and the beads inside. Spin the bottle with a drill motor and the beads will stop the erratic motion quickly.

I love them.

Gene, maybe you can make a video of the bottle with a weight on it and post it on youtube for us to see!

(Message edited by adminchris on August 24, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 03:36 pm:

I use them also and they work great! Even though they're somewhat of a bummer to install, they work great, are hidden, and smooth acting. No vibration and they just work nice.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 05:08 pm:

I'm using them and get no vibration at all from the tires at 50 mph :-)
I used a suitable drill (4mm, don't know the equivalent inch size) and drilled my valve stems a little. Made it much easier to get in the beads, though I still had to knock on the valve stem with a tool while pouring to get it moving. A vibrator may have helped.
6 ounces for each wood wheel and 4 ounces per wire wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

I don't get any noticeable vibration from my wheels and tires. You guys must drive really fast!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 05:45 pm:

Roger, where did the different ounces come from regarding wood vs wire wheels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

I stuck them into my Montana 500 car. Then all of my other cars. Works a treat. I was so impressed with them that I became a Dynabead dealer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 12:28 am:

Chris, the recommendations on how much was needed/recommended came from the producer of the beads. I bought them from Snyder's.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration