WoW!! What A EBAY DEAL!!! Won't Last!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: WoW!! What A EBAY DEAL!!! Won't Last!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 05:59 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Ignition-Timer-Anco-Anderson-Model-FU-NOS-O riginal-Speedster-/121738830414?hash=item1c5833224e&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 06:12 pm:

Just think what it would be worth if he had the box??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 06:13 pm:

I just sent him a message, Those timers can be bought a lot cheaper than that. Wished him good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 07:35 pm:

Good laugh out of that! I'll stick to my TW's. Heck, they even share my initials!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 11:16 pm:

It's only about 5 times the price of a new one. Such a deal!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 01:29 am:

Look closely at the contacts. Not NOS at all,both those and the rotor show some wear. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 06:50 am:

I sent him a link to LANG's
https://www.modeltford.com/item/3221ANCO.aspx
and said follow the link wonder if he will?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 08:44 am:

But the EBay one is an O riginal NOS Speedster Anco Anderson Model FU NOS Timer.
Since it is for a Speedster it has to be worth a lot more than a non-speedster timer.
If he sells it for even half of what he is asking I'm going to order a bunch from Lang's and start selling them on EBay!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 09:19 am:

I like that it is a "Genuine Ford Part" "Correct For Judging"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 09:27 am:

I dunno - the monthly payments seem very reasonable .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 09:30 am:

This is suppose to attract 'collectors'. It may be something for those folks but not for the average T person.
Just another example how items can be pushed on Ebay to find that certain someone to buy it.

And by the way there are 2 'watchers' watching!

To each his own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 10:07 am:

The two watchers may just want to see if someone really does buy it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 10:11 am:

The guy knows nothing! How can it be genuine Ford? Nonsense!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 10:22 am:

Lots of sellers sniffing glue on E bay thinking their "Stuff" is worth the the Moon, the Sun, the Earth and the Stars. They might as well just crap in a hanky and ask two grand for it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 12:41 pm:

Call it Fishing or the new internet speak "Phishing" it is all the same - someone looking for the sucker W.C. Fields said was born every minute...

Problem starts when some newbie jumps thinking it's a deal or more likely one of OUR own unsuspecting spouses or close loved ones try and surprise us for Christmas... That second one has happened to me in the past - more than once.

The collective "WE" might know better, but I can bet somebody is getting taken just about as often as another sucker is born.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 01:02 pm:

Just like P. T. Barnum said, "WC Fields is a plagiarizing drunk"...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration