Anybody want a $1,500 tire pump?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Anybody want a $1,500 tire pump?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 08:12 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Rare-Model-T-Triple-Cylinder-Kellogg-Nickel-Plated -Tire-Air-Pump-USA-Made-/262018895234?hash=item3d018b0d82&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:28 pm:

Thought it might be the same guy with the timer, but it isn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:35 pm:

Wow. Wonder if he wants another to sell?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

Give the guy a break, it's half the price he was asking last week. Another month or so and he will be down to what it's worth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:40 pm:

Isn't this the same person that was asking $4500 a couple of weeks ago and preaching to us about forum decorum?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

Yep

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:32 pm:

That's a "Model T pump" in the same way that a Merino ram is a species of migratory waterfowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:41 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/563074.html?1439669106

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Paddison on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 02:34 pm:

Where do these guys get this from? How did he decide that it's "Super Rare" and is worth $1,500 and that "we'll never find another"?

....and why do they hold on to it so adamantly when called out on it?

I just don't get it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 03:10 pm:

"we'll never find another"

Fine. I don't want even one, let alone "another". It would make me nervous to have an item of such value and rarity in my care.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 03:25 pm:

I have a rare one just like it. Mine cost $75 two years ago at Hershey.

I'm a lucky guy....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 03:33 pm:

He paid too much for it and he is trying to get his money back!:-)
Just like the ultra rare dovetail battery boxes that come up once a week (aka untested /unknown coil)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Paddison on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 04:08 pm:

Aren't coils like......$5 untested G.R.? :-)

I think you stole yours Rob...$75 is WAY to little... ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 04:19 pm:

Clayton, it can be yours for the basement bargain price of only $1400.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Paddison on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 04:26 pm:

Let me just get my checkbook Rob.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 07:55 pm:

"This model (or similar to this) has never been offered for sale"
?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 09:57 pm:

Really? Then how did he acquire it? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 10:22 pm:

"We also have significantly lowered the starting price in this revision on basis of the 3 criteria: Rarity, Quality, and Age."

SUCH A DEAL! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 10:28 pm:

Me thinks its musical flash 999 otherwise known as Arnold Levin. He is the overpriced lister of brass lamps, horns and coils. The listed address is Chicago where Arnold lives.

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 10:40 pm:

Not Arnold Levin.

The seller identified himself in the other thread. You can Google his name to see who he is and what he does for a living. He's a highly educated fellow.

He has recently sold other items on eBay at healthy prices.

People who aren't familiar with something are too quick to call it "rare." The word is used ad-nauseum on Craigslist. Also, even if something is extremely rare, it does not mean it is worth anything. The item needs to be desirable, not simply rare. There are millions of rare items in this world that folks aren't interested in buying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 11:34 pm:

Arnold Levin has had some of the same pieces listed again and again for well over 10 YEARS now on Ebay that NEVER sell! One that readily comes to mind is a Brass Era combo speedo/clock setup made out of unobtainium.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration