OT - Does anyone have a Dyna-Bead chart for 28 inch rim tires?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Does anyone have a Dyna-Bead chart for 28 inch rim tires?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:04 pm:

I have several ounces of Dyna Beads, however don't have a chart. I would like to try them on front tires which are 37 X 4.5 inch., or 28 inch rims.
Thanks for any advice or references,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:28 pm:

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/chart.htm

Here's a chart, but I can't find your tire size...can you get a "rough idea" of what you need from this?

(Message edited by adave on August 24, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:33 pm:

Thanks Dave. I'm saw that when I searched earlier, however am not sure how to convert to our tire/wheel size.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

Tom just posted this....maybe he can help....

By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:00 pm:
I stuck them into my Montana 500 car. Then all of my other cars. Works a treat. I was so impressed with them that I became a Dynabead dealer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:44 pm:

4.5"tire is about 114mm wide so I would guess you would be down in the motorcycle size, around 1 or 2 ounces.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:53 pm:

Here's a chart that shows the 30" x 3.5" at 6 oz...that would figure out to 17.5 per square in.?..I think that would come out to about 9 1/2 oz. on your tire,....I think!..:-)

http://innovativebalancing.com/Classicchart.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:03 pm:

Or i could be very wrong....:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:10 pm:

I'd say you are way closer than I was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 12:01 am:

Thanks guys. John, if I don't come across any other info, I'll go with 9 oz.. Thanks again,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 12:03 am:

6 oz is normal for a T with 30" tires, so 23/24" rims. I'd use 8 or 9 oz packages if I couldn't get a real recommendation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 12:41 am:

Just try with some more than in a regular T wheel. If it turns out to be too little and you still have some unbalance, then you can just pour in some more. Too much is unnecessary but not harmful.
Dynabeads can fix unbalance but not out of round.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 08:23 am:

Rob

Since you have brand new wheels and I assume relatively brand new tires you should not need the Dynabeads. With the speed you drive it will be interesting to see how much improvement you notice. Maybe your daughter can go faster than 35 as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 12:41 pm:

I put in 9 oz. so far, it seems smoother, however I'm not sure there is a noticeable difference, or if I just think so after adding the beads. It seems to me any wheel/tire with a 37 inch diameter running over 40 mph should be balanced.

Next time I go in the mid 50s or higher I'll have an idea if there is a difference. Thanks for the suggestions and information.

Dave, I think I'll limit her speed to 35...... :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration