Differential ring gear bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Differential ring gear bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 09:18 pm:

Does anyone have a good picture of the wiring method on the ring gear bolts. The one in my copy of the service manual is very dark. I have Glen's book and understand they are wired in pairs, but would like to see a picture of how it looks when completed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:02 pm:

Hard to explain but think on how the bolts loosen and wire so if they loosen the wire will get tighter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:34 pm:

Check out this link. I did a "how to" thread on how to safety wire a few years back. It will give you a good idea of how its done.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/tech-how-to-safety-wire.215935/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 08:18 am:

Thanks for the help. Bob Middleton's description helped create a picture in my mind. (now if I can just keep it in my mind long enough to get the job done). I checked out the link posted by Ed Fuller and learned a lot about safety wiring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 10:59 am:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration