Brake rods

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Brake rods
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 07:32 am:

Are the rear brake rods for the 1914 T interchangeable? Also, the thread on my original rod is stripped, so I'm going to try and salvage it by welding the end and re-threading it. Does anyone know the thread size?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 09:32 am:

No. Right (#3468) and left (#3469) are different. Details (clevises & bends) changed over the years, but all are 5/16-24 thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 09:37 am:

Thanks, Steve!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 10:29 am:

You will notice yours have the forged ends. so if you replace them, be sure to get the correct ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 12:08 pm:

I do have the forged ends, and I was able to successfully repair the end so thanks again!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration