California License Plates with Letters

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: California License Plates with Letters
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 01:21 pm:

I just bought my first Model T- a 1926 coupe- this past Saturday.

It came with a set of 1926 California YOM plates. The previous owner mentioned that they were commercial plates, and thus a bit more rare than ordinary 1926 plates.

My plates:
(\image)

I did a bit of research that seems to disprove that, indicating that the commercial plates have "COM" vertically on the left of the plate.
(\image)

I have also found photos of 1926 plates that have all numbers, as below:

(\image)

Is there any difference between plates of the format X-00 000 vs 000-000?

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 01:24 pm:

I guess I didn't figure this photo thing out.

My plates

COM plates

All numbers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 02:59 pm:

My car was imported to the UK from California, and came with these 2 US plates.
What can anyone tell me about the brown 1926 Cal plate G 20 768 please?
I think someone told me it might have been a Government plate.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration