Need to talk to someone about installing AC brakes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Need to talk to someone about installing AC brakes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 02:41 pm:

Im trying to install a set of AC brakes. I have the set from Larry Skidmore. I have the right side bolted to the backing plate but something is not right. The band is not lining up right with the drum and seems to be to long. Can someone talk me through it. Im sure Im doing something wrong but I'm not sure what.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 02:42 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 03:20 pm:

Where is the band too long? As far as lining up with the drum, it looks good in your picture.

I have heard that you will probably need to tweak and bend the band to make it conform perfectly to the outer diameter of the drum. This will help to prevent a "mushy" pedal feel and give you better contact between band & drum.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration