1910 in pieces including 5 ball for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1910 in pieces including 5 ball for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 04:03 pm:

http://www.modelt.org/index.php?option=com_aclassf&Itemid=17&ct=veh1&md=details& id=559

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 06:44 pm:

Why pay 30K for a pile of parts when you can pay 25K for that really nice 1910 tourabout listed on Hemmings????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 06:47 pm:

That is Charley Shavers car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 08:27 pm:

Saw this car 30 years ago at Charlie's in same condition.
Still want to know when Charlie is going to wood my touring? 7 years ago it was 18 months out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 08:47 pm:

warren!!! i know i am losing it but what car were we talking about????????????. bill if that is the car you want go for it or buy it and part it out you will make if parts are real.!!!charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

So that is what an MTFCI classified ad looks like? No wonder no one uses them! The text is dark gray and darker blue on a black background. I could hardly read it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

Mercy it is hard to read!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 10:04 pm:

mike its a real shame to.its so easy to use click click done no matter how big your pics are!!!!!!!!!!!glad you made springfeld,i hurt my back kicken the old indian. so have to save it for davenport bike swap meet next week. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 10:38 pm:

Yes there are some pretty bad color combos on websites, I prefer simple.

The only thing missing from our forum is a picture re-sizer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 11:24 pm:

It is a 1918 touring and you put a note on a nail that you said was waiting list. I stopped by your shop to see about getting it rewooded.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 10:27 am:

warren! i guess it got lost sorry about that. when i started re-wooding i was making about $10.00 an hour and had to bid every job.the best i ever did was on the new 14 touring bodes at $2500.00 120 hours thats $20.00 hour.then i stared making gas pump skins& doors then motorcycle horns. easy $100.00 per hour.cars came last.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 12:04 pm:

Speaking from experience, if the parts are all there and in decent shape (engine isn't missing corners that were busted off in the last 100 years) this isn't a bad deal. It certainly isn't the deal of the day but if you try to put one together piece by piece you will look for parts for several years.

Does anyone have the number of the guy who has the one for sale in New York? I would like to talk to him as we are building the same car. Please call me at 712-301-7172

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 09:51 am:

"It is a 1918 touring and you put a note on a nail that you said was waiting list."

A note on a nail??? Good to hear there are still some guys that can live without an iPhone. A note on a nail sounds more Civil War era than Model T era. Charley, sounds like your shop might be an interesting place to look around.

(Message edited by m2m on August 27, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 10:03 am:

Constantine,

I can't live without an Iphone ....

Or a computer ....

Or email ....

If either of us existed without technology - neither of us would be able to post here ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 11:47 am:

Constantine!!!you will be welcome to come over any time i always give free tours ha ha. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Solak, Chicago, IL area on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

It is also listed in the MTFCI forum classifieds

http://www.modelt.org/mtfcivb/showthread.php/1299-1910-mod-t-parts-car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 04:45 pm:

THESE ADS ARE PATHETIC, CAN'T READ A THING. WHY BOTHER

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 04:51 pm:

The MTFCI has implemented a forum thread for classifieds, like this site uses, but for some reason they've also kept their old, home page linked site with the display problems that folks have mentioned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 09:06 pm:

Constantine -- If you stop by here on your trip, we'll take a run up to Charley's. I think I owe him a slice of pie from the local truck stop. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 10:31 pm:

no we will go over to Pittsburg .real home made pie.hmmmmm 6" meringue!!!!!!!!!!!. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 06:40 pm:

Mike, I agree we should give Charley a visit and perhaps give him a hand with clutter and disarray in his shop...that early block and hogs head sure look good, and would free up a lot of space if gone. A fistful of benjamins should do the trick after we've given him a good feed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 06:48 pm:

...oh, and in the clean-up we'll hopefully find that nail with the attached notes. I've been wondering what the oldest note might be about...maybe it says: "BEWARE ! The British are coming!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 11:22 pm:

ha! how maney fistfuls?????????????????????????lol.charley

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration