Fred Flintstone's head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Fred Flintstone's head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 04:09 pm:

It's very common to come home from an auction with extra stuff that was in a pile along with the thing you wanted. This piece from last Saturday's sale is one of those. Looks like it came from Bedrock. If old parts could talk I guess this would have a story to tell.

The crack goes all the way from front to back.
Anybody who wants it can have it. You pick up. Or maybe I should put it on eBay with an insane Buy It Now price.

Does this qualify as a high compression head?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 04:18 pm:

Put it on Ebay and say "you believe" it's from a WW1 T armoured car that was blown to pieces on the Eastern Front in Russia...no less a true story than most other things on ebay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 04:51 pm:

Ran when parked, little pitted buy it now 650.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 05:00 pm:

Needs JB Weld.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 06:39 pm:

I don't see what all the fuss is about. Sand blast it, pass it through a milling machine and put it back to work. :-)

Looks like it has a long crack from the top of the outlet back to at least #3 cylinder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

List it in the "boats for sale". It would make a dandy anchor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 08:15 pm:

Advertise as "Used Boat Anchor" , "Would be great start for building a Model T cylinder head, as shape and size of iron used for this anchor mimics a Ford head."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 06:39 pm:

Boat anchor for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

So it looks like it needs a home with someone who is up for challenge. Maybe we should post item,s that have been saved. I labor of love to save old Ford parts. I have a block that needs the freeze cracks brazed up. Iam even thinking about using silver solder. Iam sure someone will tackle the job. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 03:00 am:

Fixing that would be a potentially fun hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 07:08 am:

Best way to fix it is to melt it down and recast, perhaps with Giant Power style chambers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 10:16 am:

Constantine, Some folks like to show off there skills and some like to improve there,s What do you have to lose with a head like that? But if you can save that what else can you save? Always new ways to learn, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 02:22 pm:

I see yet another Republican Presidential Candidate .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 04:20 pm:

Jim just took a left turn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

It would be good to use on a cut-away display engine... Is anyone building one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 05:29 pm:

Some people say my head looks like Fred Flintstone. I don't think it's a compliment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 07:37 pm:

I've got a '25 block that would go nicely with that head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 08:47 pm:

I am totally blown away by the fact that no one has posted this picture yet so I thought I would do it.

Well somebody had to.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration