Are these for a T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Are these for a T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Gilham Bellflower Ca. on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 09:28 pm:

OK, I got these with a box of T parts. My best guess would be a window pivot. But T's are either split in two halves or push out from the bottom and hinge from the top. Any Ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

Hi Scott,

I think that those are for a center door sedan or possibly a coupelet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steve johnson on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 12:00 am:

I have a set in the shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 06:00 am:

Scott, certainly window hinges. If not for a T, they would be useful for anyone building a depot hack or truck body. I had a similar set, but used piano hinge along the top of the windscreen instead.
Those make sealing the window against the frame problematical.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 07:51 am:

Look similar to the window hinges on my '22 Coupe. The photo is from pre-restoration. After cleaning them up I discovered the wing nut was nickel plated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 08:06 am:

These are the same as my 21 coupe. The rusty ones are assembled backwards. Should be like the ones Dennis posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Gilham Bellflower Ca. on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 08:39 am:

Thank You gentleman! I've got them soaking to see if I can revive them.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration