1918 Delco Light Plant instructional movie, with some good model T footage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1918 Delco Light Plant instructional movie, with some good model T footage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 01:06 am:

I have been researching my Delco light plant and stumbled onto the three following 1918 Delco Light Plant instructional movies. There is some nice footage of Model Ts scattered thru the movies. The first movies T footage starts about 2:01 and is scattered after that. The second movie has a real nice garage scene in it. and the third movie has some more T footage. Its worth the time to look at what was going on in the world in 1918. as well as see the Ts in action during the day .... The movies are silent, with no audio ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho_ZDrVlDZw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8lx-vQjcmQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK-EjxT027g

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 07:01 am:

Thanks Donnie, very interesting.

Many years ago, in New Zealand, I knew a collector of cars and other bits and pieces, who had a very similar-looking plant. It had Ford script on the control panel area, and he thought that it was for lighting a Ford workshop as well as charging batteries for cars of the period.

Does anyone know of a business connection between Delco and Ford?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 07:17 am:

It would be fun to see what some of those houses look like today. Great movies Donnie!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Norton on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 01:15 am:

Sign writing transposition error.
More unusual than nowadays?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 03:36 am:

That footage is wonderful. It sure shows how people lived back then.I have been through David City about six years ago, but didn't have a chance to cruise the town. Wonder if that dealership building is still there? Many thanks Donnie. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 10:20 am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxrnxoJ5VSo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 11:09 am:

Donnie, I'm working to get my Delco light plant un-stuck. I have yet to find the model I have. I believe it's an early unit, just a brass tag. Where have you found info? Thanks for the youtube links. Good stuff. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 04:09 pm:

Pat, I have just started researching the Delco units. I have had a couple of the later units from the 40s before. I think my unit I have now is a late 30s style. I bought three units in an estate. I have to go back to get them in the next load, then I can say for sure what I bought. This will be load number 6 from the same estate. I have a nice sales catalog for the 30s era units that I got from the estate. It shows a lot of pics of the units at work, some nice art work, testimonials, ect. You can also go to Smokstak and use their forum for answers to a lot of questions. It is the old engine version of this forum. Good luck with the engine .... William, Thanks for the link, I would like a setup like his...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 05:29 pm:

I love the shot of the group all cranking at once!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration