Babbitting.... again

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Babbitting.... again
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Me on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 03:44 am:

Hi everyone. Been lurking as a guest for a while. I have a Fordson F and hopefully not too far in the future a Ford model T.
I am on the look out for a babbitting jig. Can a model T jig be used for a model F? From what I have seen so far the engines are identical on most internals. My model F is a 1925.
The info for tractors is not much on the babbitting side but on here there seems to be a wealth of knowledgeable people.
Any help is much appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 05:48 am:

Simple answer is no, the F fordson engine is bigger all round on the crank specs than a T is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 06:25 am:

I know of a fordson line boring jig that could be for sale in Ohio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 07:07 am:

I have the capability to do Fordson tractors in my shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 11:58 am:

Call J & M Machine, They may have what you are looking for, a complete Hempy Cooper, align bore and pouring Jigs for the Fordson. New Old Stock.

Phone is 508-460-0733, talk to Mike.

Herm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Me on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 01:58 am:

Thank you to all and thanks for confirming the size difference, from pictures they are not far off and I assumed Henry would have just used the same things from the same factory line. Mine was from Detroit before he moved everything to Ireland for reasons unknown.

Any help is appreciated but there is a catch...... I am in the UK.

Does anyone know if the jigs etc are small enough to ship over?

Do you have an email for Mike at J & M Machine by any chance? New old stock sounds perfect as I expect any old vintage items are past being usable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Me on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 11:14 am:

Unfortunately J & M Machine no longer have them for sale as of last year. Joe do you have any details of the boring jig for sale please?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration