A kind of video postcard

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: A kind of video postcard
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 12:59 pm:

Hello model T friends.
Just made a video postcard . Its a short film about driving on rural roads in Vaermland Sweden this summer.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5POKwUXgXJA
Greetings from
Rolf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

Rolf, Nice video! Thank you for posting it.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Fenrich on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 01:08 pm:

What a nice video. Nothing like watching a Model T driving through trees and farms on a one lane unpaved road! I will never get tired of seeing a Model T drive with lit headlights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 01:27 pm:

You've got my vote. Best produced Model T video yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 01:28 pm:

Wonderful video, thankyou! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Spainhower - Portland, Oregon on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 01:34 pm:

Totally blown away! Now that's what you get when you combine a Model T, a GoPro, and talent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

That's a good combination of shots from different angles, and good editing with a nice use of cross fades. All of us who like making Model T videos should watch this again and pay attention to how it's done. I'm going to steal a some ideas from this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 03:10 pm:

Thank you guys.
What an overwhelming positive response. I'm blushing. :-)
I must say that a model T is the perfekt car for this smal winding gravel roads that criss-cross this part of Sweden. Not much traffic, low speed and friendly drivers. Here in Sweden its mandatory to drive with lights on always, buth that's no problem with my stock 6 volt generator thanks to mr Reagan and his VR.
Rolf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 03:52 pm:

Ahhh....summer....Sweden...that was a midnight ride? Yes?

Great Video!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 04:35 pm:

I gave it a "Thumbs Up".

Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 04:49 pm:

Good scenery and a great looking car.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 04:50 pm:

Fantastiskt bra :-)
Great video!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 09:14 pm:

The different points of view added a great deal of interest to the video. I expect we'll see some of that in Steve's future posts. :-)

Roger -- I didn't see any bras in it. :-) :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson - Kingwood, Texas on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 09:18 pm:

Outstanding!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 09:26 pm:

Great video Rolf however, I always thought a Model T was a "Chick Magnet" but the only things that came running to the car were pigs !!! LOL

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 09:34 pm:

Very well done. Thank you for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 09:59 pm:

Very nice. Suppose the white short cylinders along the road in the fields are grass hay bales wrapped in plastic? Beautiful country for T touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

Yes Chuck, it's a way to preserve the hay until it's consumed, a very common sight in the Swedish countryside since a couple of decades. How do US farmers preserve their hay?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Correll - Carlsbad CA on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 10:47 pm:

Wow Wow Wow --- I'm ready to leave So. Cal. and move to Sweden where there are few other cars and the cows, pigs and horses all like model T's. The combination of different camera angles, beautiful scenery and fine music selection gets my vote for "Best Video to Introduce the Joy of a Ride in a Model T." Stunningly beautiful postcard. Rolf ... we want MORE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 11:38 pm:

Bravo Rolf, very well done sir. Your video showcases the joy of driving and owning a T, Something that may get lost if we don't constantly promote how important it is to preserve and protect this part of automotive history...I envy those beautiful country roads you get to ramble,..and i
love the bluegrass that you picked..Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 03:58 pm:

Hi.
I have been away for the weekend without access to the "puter". Just want to say thanks to all the thumbs up.
Bob Cascisa: "Pigs magnet". That's right. LOL. By the way. I have been to Poulsbo a couple of times. Wonderful place and people. Its almost like coming home. Scandinavian street names flags and names on stores etc. :-)
Steve Jelf. Your videos and your suggestions to make a more interesting film has been an inspiration to me. Thanks.
George. Yes . The last part of the video is shot close to midnight. I love the midsummer nights when the sun barely drops behind the horizon a few hours.
Most parts of the video is shot with a GoPro and the rest with a Canon camcorder
This video is just my way of showing passion to the hobby and the wonderful car that we all love.
Thank you
Rolf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 04:09 pm:

One thing I notice in this video is that the pictures are much sharper than mine. Looks like I need a better camera.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 11:14 pm:

What a wonderfully done video Rolf...... :-O
Some of the scenes along your jaunt are very similar to the scenery here in central Wisconsin.
There aren't many dirt roads left around here but there are a few and every now and then on a hot day I, my wife and a friend will take them in with my '19 Touring.
Never know.......we've been known to wind up in some "metropolis" for ice cream too.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration