Parts ID: Model T? Model A? Brand X?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Parts ID: Model T? Model A? Brand X?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 10:24 pm:

Today I sorted parts from last weekend's auction. I know T mechanical parts pretty well, but not much Model A or other cars for the period.

So here are some pictures. Let me know if you can identify anything.

A
I posted this yesterday. Suggestions were: 1 Chebby 2 1940 or later.
Agree, or disagree?

B
These are 3" like the pistons, so I suspect they go together.

C

D

E
Drop center rim, diameter 22"; width 4/8"

F

F

F

F

F

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 10:43 pm:

C looks like a regular Model T starter? ( I don't use them, so I'm not familiar with minor variations)

D is a carb adjuster rod for 1926, the lower end towards the carb.

6 looks like a regular water inlet but why the screw.. Model A?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 10:46 pm:

"D" looks like part of the carb. adjusting linkage for a '26 - '27 with a Holley Carb.

"F 6" looks like a Model A coolant inlet at the left side of the block. The extra bolt in the center is the identifying piece.

"F 1" looks like the shift handle for a left side shifter for a Ruckstell.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 12:02 am:

6 looks like a regular water inlet but why the screw.. Model A? the screw held the wire to the generator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 12:19 am:

#3 Looks like a modern flat serpentine belt idler or tensioner pulley, the sealed bearing is the clue here and it doesn't look like it has much of a crown.

#4 is a set of milking hobbles, hooked on the hocks to prevent kicking

B These piston pins have a groove in them for a clamping bolt, what is the diameter?

F#5 Looks like an ignition coil with a wire-wound resistor on the back

F#7 looks to be a generic starter solenoid

F#11 Looks like the input shaft cover for transmission. The throw-out bearing carrier would ride on the machined snout

F#15 Looks like a lower radiator outlet with drain

Sorry that I can't be more help.

Evan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 12:24 am:

F-6 Definitely Model A water inlet, screw hole for clip that holds down the starter/generator loom.
7 Looks like a Ford Starter relay, about '47 to something, very useful item for lots of stuff.
11 looks like the snout for a Model A Tranny. 12 MIGHT be the remains of an A coupe door window mechanism.
13 COULD be a Stanley valve handle????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 03:47 am:

Evan is correct on #4, I used to work for a small dairy farmer back in the late sixties. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 03:57 am:

#2 is very similar to the door handles on my '25 coupe, although I'm not sure they are correct. They look like '26-'27 handles, not sure if they are original or not. I think the same ones were used on a few different bodies/years. Some pictures at different angles may help identify some parts. My door handles have a black insert in them. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 05:12 am:

F9 might be a generator adjust bracket for an early Powerhouse Model A generator?
http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/powerhouse-generator-bracket

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 09:45 am:

The wrist pins in B look like Model T parts to me. The pistons in A already have wrist pins in them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 10:16 am:

I have seen the Remy ignition coil you have marked "F5" used on early (c.1923) Chevrolets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 10:41 am:

13 looks to be a seat adjustment knob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 11:05 am:

Yes on #4 but my grandfather called them "cow kickers".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 02:14 pm:

#7 is a Ford/Mercury starter relay (often called solenoid) for '37 through '50 cars, and to '51 trucks. Ground the small terminal to activate.
Others got the A water inlet and cow shackles correct for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 10:26 pm:

F-5 is a common type of ignition coil used by probably dozens of marques in the late '10s through late '20s. The few other things I am familiar with have already been sufficiently discussed.
The pistons and wrist pins are interesting, I am only somewhat familiar with Chevy pistons '30 through '60s, and don't recognize these. No Chevys I am familiar with used notched wrist pins like a model T. But there are a lot of Chevys I am not familiar with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 11:42 pm:

#3 is a back-side idler for a serpentine belt. I'v used a bunch of them.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration