Plans for Henry's first engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Plans for Henry's first engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 10:50 pm:

Are there any plans that can be had for Henry's first engine? Any drawings or parts list?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 10:54 pm:

http://www.nbutterfield.com/Pages/HenryFordfirstengine.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 12:17 am:

Where can I find the working video??

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 06:21 am:

Andre,
My website has a video. Www.coildoctor.com.
Its under the MORE tab.
The engine was built from plans purchased from Leon Ridenour in Tennessee.
It's great little engine. I had mine built by a teenage machinist for encouragement into our hobby. Tim Lucius built the engine.
I will have it the Old Car Festival at Greenfield Village in September. Tim will be demonstrating it.
Thanks,
Brent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 06:24 am:

Andre,

You tube of course:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWrUUqvUiAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VKDHWE5owQ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 07:19 am:

Are the plans available somewhere??

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 07:23 am:

Name and contact info for plans are given in the first link by Dan Treace. Don't know if they're still available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 08:02 am:

This what I found till now. I will try to contact Leon Ridenour for more information.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 08:30 am:

I emailed him over two years ago and never heard from him

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 08:41 am:

I emailed him last night and got a response this morning. $44 for the build kit and plans. My check will be going out today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 09:06 am:

Just ordered mine. $50.00 oversea shipping included. Just hope the dvd will work here.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 11:04 am:

What do you get with the "build kit"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 11:08 am:

Thomas,
this is a copy of the mail I get from Leon.

Andre, the build package for H. Fords 1st gasoline engine experiment ,1893, consists of drawings, DVD on machine work,photos, parts list,atomizer screens,and piston rings.A builder would need access to a metal lathe and mill. 50$ total includes shipping. 10% discount to seniors ,students , mil.I have paypal using my email name.
All the best. Leon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frederick Fletcher on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 11:27 am:

There was a build series on this engine in recent issues (2015) of the Home Shop Machinist magazine. Reprints are available from the publisher, Village Press if memory serves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 01:48 pm:

Why am I not seeing and intake valve ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 01:50 pm:

Bud, intake has a check valve.

Andre Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Charvet on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 02:31 pm:

The original, as now displayed at The Henry Ford. (I took these photos in June.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 02:43 pm:

test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer---- Klaaswaal NL on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 03:19 pm:

Henri made his first engine in 1893 .
Karl Benz made this engine in 1889, and is still running!!!!!!
125R
1440R
1441R
1444R
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

Andre

Thank you

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration