Old Photo - Old Meets New

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Old Meets New
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 11:31 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 05:08 pm:

Must have been around the time of the Korean War. About 1950.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 08:43 pm:

I don't know for sure which, but the "new" car is '49 or '50. Uniform looks correct I think for Korean War era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 10:20 pm:

50 Ford, parking lights and hood ornament are the giveaways.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 11:16 pm:

1915 touring with a 1950 Tudor sedan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 12:58 am:

OK, let's see: 1914 body, 1914 side lights, 1913 windshield. 1915 hood and fenders and later demountable wheels. This just may be a put-together car. But I like it!!!

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 10:16 am:

Come on Royce! A '15 indeed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 10:33 am:

It appears the windshield support brackets are '13, but I think the windshield is really a '14. Next question. Did Ford call the '14 style bodies made in '15, 1915's as Royce mentioned?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 10:38 am:

That body style was made until the end of January 1915 and into early February. The 1915 model year / fiscal year began August 1, 1914. The billed fenders did not appear until after the beginning of the 1915 fiscal / model year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 10:58 am:

Demountable rims on a 1914/5.
Seems like the car was modified over the years, just saying....

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration