Leaf Peeper Tour Motel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Leaf Peeper Tour Motel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 12:35 pm:

This year the Leaf Peeper Tour, sponsored by the Denver Motel T Club will be a hub tour out of Steam Boat Springs. Steamboat Springs is one of the most Scenic areas in the U.S. The Lead Motel is the Nordic Lodge at 1036 Lincoln Ave. The Lodge is on the North Side of main Street. The Phone numbers for the Lodge is.
970-879-0531 or 1-800-364-0331

The Tour will start on the morning of Sept. 28th and end on Oct 1st.

If you have any question please email modelt1912@msn.com or call 303-774-9246

Rabbit Ears Pass

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, August 28, 2015 - 10:38 pm:

Dave, That will be a great TOUR, I really want to make it but with a Football Sophmore player I am not sure if it will work but I can vouch for anyone that is thinking about it to do this tour!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 07:16 pm:

Gene thanks for the response. Do you still have the picture of your torpedo sitting near the top of Rabbit Ears Pass? I used it for many years, advertising tours but when I bought a new computer with the dam windows 7 Your picture plus a lot of other information disappeared. If you still have the picture of your torpedo could you send it to me.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 06:56 pm:

I will try and show a picture of Gene Corrother's torpedo near the top of Rabbit Ears Pass above Steamboat valley. I don't do very well on computers but will try.

torpedo on rabbit ears pass

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Dupree on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 10:32 am:

Sorry we can't make it this year. We will be visiting Yellowstone and Colorado in a modern car with my sister and her husband. Plan to make it with you next year.

Rabbit Ears Pass

This is our car at Rabbit Ears pass last year.

Ron and Linda Dupree

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 03:16 pm:

This was ours in 2007.

I will be sure to let my sister know about the tour. She will most probably be in Steamboat then and her daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren live there. I will tell them to drop by and say hello. Maybe someone can give my great-nephews a ride in a T... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 10:29 pm:

Dick, I would be glad to arrange a ride for your great-nephews. I often have out of state walk ins at my shop and I try to always give them a ride to Town in one of my Ts for coffee or lunch. They are often amazed at the Ruckstells if they don't have them in their cars at home. they are also often surprised in the winter at how good the side curtains work.

side curtains

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 08:44 am:

Dave, I don't remember the exact number of cars on the 2007 tour, but I do know that there were three of us who didn't have Ruckstells. It took me a good half hour to get from Steamboat to the top of Rabbit Ears Pass. I did stop a few times to let things cool down and to give my leg a rest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 05:02 pm:

This tour certainly looks like a lot of fun. I would love to go someday myself!

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 01:36 am:

Dick Lodge, There were 85 cars on the 2007 tour. I believe that was the tour that my oldest boy threw a fan blade through the top tank on his radiator of his Center Door. When we got to Saratoga Wyoming he took the radiator off and soldered it and its still holding to this day. He soldered the radiator on the front lawn of the main motel in Saratoga and the tourist all gathered around to watch him and could not believe what T people will do to keep going on a tour.
I think I have a picture of him on Cameron Pass checking his water.

Cameron Pass

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 02:09 am:

The picture above was not my oldest boy, Ken. I don't know were the picture of him checking his water in his center door went? He is in the read roadster pickup in front on a different Leaf Peeper Tour. I will try a different picture of him at the Cameron Pass Sign.

Cameron Pass Sign

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 12:48 pm:

I meant to say Ken was in his RED roadster, not is center door. I believe this was taken on an earlier Leaf Peeper Tour before the one in 8007. It looks like we are going to have more HCCA guys on the tour than MTFA guys.
This picture was not taken on a Leaf Peeper Tour. Ken and I were on a private drive. We pulled off the road to take a picture of the Peak just before the top of Cameron Pass on the East Side.

Cameron Pass Peak East Side

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration