Now it's a 1909?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Now it's a 1909?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 08:41 am:

Last week I posted this picture of a 1910 Model T that is for sale and listed in Hemmings. The T is still listed there but is now shown as a 1909. There were lots of good replies to the post last week so what year is the car now? I have clicked on the "contact seller" but haven't received a reply.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 08:49 am:

If the engine is original to the car, then it's a Canadian car with an engine made in Detroit March 24, 1910, then sent to Canada. If the engine is a replacement put there during the last 105 years, then it may be a US 1910 style car made in 1909 or 1910. Great old car at a seemingly good price, unfortunately out of my league :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 09:01 am:

As per picture used i don't think it's Canadian with what looks like 30x3 tires in front?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 09:09 am:

I was told that the Canadians put 30 X 3 1/2 wheels on both axles very early.

There is a 1912 car in my neighborhood with that body style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 09:14 am:

I have tried to contact them repeatedly with no luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 10:23 am:

I would consider buying it if it was in California already, but the shipping dance is such a headache.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 05:45 pm:

Seems I wasn't the only one trying to contact the seller on the advertised T and no body was having any luck in getting a reply. So I contacted Hemmings, that was running the ad, and passed along the problem, hoping to finally make contact with the owner. Well, about 2 hours after I sent the email to Hemmings I see the ad is no longer listed. Probably sold fast and the ad just stayed there. Anyway, thought I'd pass this news along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 05:58 pm:

That's the problem with Hemmings. Often, by the time we see the ad, the car has been sold. I remember back before the internet, how I would get my copy of Hemmings and often when I called a seller, the item had been sold, sometimes weeks earlier. With eBay, everyone has a fighting chance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 09:34 pm:

The car has been sold.....and no......I am not the buyer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 04:42 am:

Probably in a shipping container on it's way to Germany or Norway as we speak. Some wood and paint polish, leather conditioner, shine the brass, de-grease the engine and driveline, etc....back on sale at a dealer there for 40K Euros. Saw these Northern European guys at Hershey a few years back...was like a pride of lions devouring a kill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 03:14 pm:

I was probably one of many that tried to contact the seller on this Model T. I left my cell number and email. Anyway, he was kind enough to return my call today. Said he was trying to return as many calls as he could. He was very pleasant, told me that his dad bought the T in 1986 at Hershey. Anyway, he told me that he had received many contacts on the car and sold it to Lang.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lang on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 12:32 pm:

The car is a 1910 #18610 It was restored in Canada by Ron Faucette in the early 80's Motor and rear axle was rebuilt by Edward Stein in 1996 at a cost of over $6,000. The car runs well Running gear is correct Body is not an original Its available at $25,000 Comes with a top boot, car cover, and brass light covers. 978-939-5500

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lang on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

For photos

https://plus.google.com/photos/105158126450231489012/albums/6194841014894892657? gpinv=AMIXal8-5P0TGB0SH6VN6x33KGj_Nxicd7xK1i3WhONgEQGM5KckJSrqCNyHzadiExK-J_Ea5e _jAZkH5qVBIiBhAp2L2PolVYDXmR7LmRc0yFLxyIlU5tY&cfem=1

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration