What's the approx. value of a good 1917 engine?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What's the approx. value of a good 1917 engine?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 09:53 am:

???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 09:58 am:

What's "good"? Recent rebuild or a running original engine with unknown mileage?
Location is also very important..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 09:58 am:

I mean a engine block for rebuilding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 10:22 am:

Here in Texas a 17 block that's good for rebuilding would be worth anywhere from 100-200 dollars. Not cracked or frozen up with rust.

Good but how good? If the block has been out behind the barn for 30-40 years wouldn't be worth as much as one that's been inside and still greasy and not totally rusted up.

That's what iy would worth to me anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 10:31 am:

You can get a whole '17 touring with an engine already installed here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Touring-/201415709873?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2ee54fd4b1&item=201415709873

A 1917 engine block is not that easy to find. I would say $500 for one that was able to clean up at .040" or less with no freeze cracks would be a great deal.

(Message edited by royce on August 29, 2015)

(Message edited by royce on August 29, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 10:33 am:

Try again with the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Touring-/201415709873?forcerrptr=true&hash= item2ee54fd4b1&item=201415709873

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 10:33 am:

The price of $100-200 dollars would be for just a block not the complete engine.
A complete engine (pan,engine,transmission would be around 350-450 and thats not having cracked drums, and etc. A running engine would be 600-800 and up depending on its history.

But you never know what you will find when you get it torn down for a rebuild.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 06:03 pm:

$100 for a late teens, early to mid twenties bare block is going rate around here. If anyone out there needs one for $500, I'm sure I can dig one up.
;^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 08:14 pm:

Richard G, My thought exactly. I horde non-generator blocks still, but I think I would let one go for $500! I have a '19 and a '21 blocks only I would gladly sell for that much also. And I need one of them. Two of the last past three non-generator blocks I bought were $100 apiece. And money is really tight for me, and they are extras.
Location is VERY important to the value of a T block or engine. That and whether you are needing, wanting, or need the money.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration