OT - 1937 Cord & Auburn & Hudson authentic barn find in California ....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - 1937 Cord & Auburn & Hudson authentic barn find in California ....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 04:20 pm:

In my travels I befriend a lot of folks.
I make a lot of connections.
I try & help place vehicles to new owners from time to time.

Last weekend my friend called me about a 1937 Cord Beverly Sedan - an Auburn ? - a 1951 Hudson Commodore Super 8 all in California.

The Cord & Auburn probably last ran in 1962.

The Hudson probably in 1994.

These cars came out west from Pennsylvania in 1952.

So I am assisting the current owner in finding
the right homes for these cars.

I have contacted a couple forum members I have met
and as the days pass more details will emerge and
I will update this thread on the journey.

This is not an advertisement for the sale of any of these vehicles.

I genuinely enjoy what I do every day.
I appreciate the opportunity to meet folks
and share the stories of their cars.

Here is an image of the Cord taken last weekend.

Stay tuned .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 04:44 pm:

Awesome find! Thanks for sharing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 04:49 pm:

Jay,

The story touches the heart to be sure ...

A great family is behind these cars ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 07:57 pm:

The Cord is an absolute treasure of a find! But a little modern for my interests. And no matter, I cannot buy anything much anymore anyway. Such is life. I would be curious for a bit more information about the Auburn however. A fellow from the AACA forum and I have traded a few emails, and he seems to be a good fellow, although admittedly, I have never met him in person. He is looking for specifically an Auburn. Prefers one about 1932 or '33, or a little either side into the mid or late '20s. He also would prefer a convertible sedan or convertible coupe, but would consider other body styles. He has several collector cars already, including a 1936 Cord which he would prefer to not sell, but said he would consider if he found the "right" auburn in really nice condition. Otherwise, he would prefer an Auburn that needs some work, and keep the Cord also.
Anyway, just the first person that came to my mind looking for one of these specific cars.
Do drive carefully, and enjoy the road! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 08:13 pm:

Pictures of the Hudson, please!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Fenrich on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

Amazing! I consider the Cord to be one of my favourite production cars of all time. It's rare that you see them in unrestored condition. Those vacuum/electric transmissions don't like to work unless they are in tip top shape, and I imagine that to be the most difficult thing that that car needs. The body seems to be in great shape. Also, it has the rare optional Cord badge on the front of the hood. What a memorable find, and lucky that you are involved in it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 08:56 pm:

Wayne,

Found out today the Auburn is a 1936 - still no word on the model.

Dan,

Pictures of the Hudson(s) will be forthcoming.

Ryan,

Duesenberg - Cord - Auburn are all connected and
what a fascinating history it is .

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 09:17 pm:

Get it properly appraised by a Cord expert. Unless the owner does not want top dollar for them. Depending on the cars history, how its equipped, it can make it worth six figures easily.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration