RARE 1908 Model T On E Bay, What A Steal At ONLY 55 Grand !!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: RARE 1908 Model T On E Bay, What A Steal At ONLY 55 Grand !!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 10:53 pm:

There is no end to crazy on T Bay these days.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-/201416505790?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2ee5 5bf9be&item=201416505790

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 11:05 pm:

As Charlie Brown would say, Good grief!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 11:17 pm:

That is the most foolish thing I've ever seen on Ebay since Ebay started.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 11:19 pm:

Ei Yi Yi Yi Yi!

I quote, "I try to provide the most accurate description that I can."

Anybody want to bet what response you get if you tell them anything???
I don't even want to try.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 11:20 pm:

Dave W,
I wouldn't go that far. I have seen worse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 11:34 pm:

This one was discussed in an earlier post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 11:38 pm:

Of course the price is right, it's a 1908 with rare water pump!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 12:07 am:

Wow rare generator model think only one 08 has it
Worth at least a dull hey penny

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 01:15 am:

Maybe the guy with the "Valuable Tire Rim on eBay" would be interested???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 02:29 am:

I wonder what kind oil is in it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 04:25 am:

Some of the wording seems a bit suspect to me. Scam??? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 09:03 am:

Well it does say the listing was ended by the seller because of a listing error. Wonder what it could be????!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 09:11 am:

Boy, and when you read his description this dude really has an attitude! Not only that, but did anyone notice even the rear end isn't correct. Blurry picture, but looks to be a '16 or later, and almost looks like it has the later backing plate with the re-inforcing ribs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 10:43 am:

The seller says it is sold. I told him that he should sell at anything over 6500.00. Here is his response.
"its sold don't email me just fing with the t- guys who are you to tell me whats to sell my things for go do something"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 10:44 am:

Like my post above said Kim! Attitude.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 10:51 am:

I don't know what he got or if it's even legit but he's kind of got a point telling you to bug off. The guys in the know tend to pick these things apart and that just might not bother some one with less savvy. You don't want it don't buy it and don't bother the seller either. He doesn't care. $ is the bottom line. Chew it to pieces here but don't bother the seller.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 11:19 am:

I'm telling you guys, the sellers are posting these crazy prices just to entertain us! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

Why not bother the seller???????????? He listed it for the world to see!!!!! Is it a mistake or a would be fraud????????????Would any of us feel good is some uninformed newbe sprang for it and got shafted??????????? What did Starkist say?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roy palmer on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 12:28 pm:

No, T guys should not dictate what someone should sell their cars for. Many times that is done on this forum where some chide and mock those who ask and in some cases get ,high prices for their cars or parts. This is just ironic to me ,you would think a rising tide lifts all boats and that we should all be happy if our investments in time and money increase in value.

But in the case of a car being misrepresented or fraudulent then yes,we should speak out or even report the car in question to eBay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 12:44 pm:

OK, lets an unformed person sprang for it. For what ever reason. Where do we get the right to try to squash the deal? What business is it of ours? Especially if it's in writing & therefore traceable? Could you be held liable? Actually I don't think so but whose to say some disgruntled seller wouldn't try it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 02:05 pm:

I see the car is relisted, but this time there's no year given. Still a bargain at 55K!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 02:10 pm:

And man, does he go on ranting! He sure needs to use spell-check, too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 02:17 pm:

Charlie, I didn't pick his car apart or even ask if it had any real 1908 parts on it. I was just giving him a realistic value if he really wanted to get it sold. I was just trying to help him out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 02:23 pm:

People come to this site/club for advise and our thoughts everyday and after we provide enough link's to keep them reading for 46 and 2/3 days is that enough?? If a seller wants 82,156.36 for the [rare] 23 roadster we do not get to give our thoughts?? Do the rest of the model T owners gain anything from high prices?? Could you be held liable?? Is that a joke??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 02:31 pm:

Go look at his feedback page, very high parentage of "no longer registered users" for the number of sales he has showing even with those sells being over a year ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 02:41 pm:

This same discussion goes round and round on other forums I am involved with.
Some think it is their appointed duty to save the fool from himself and others get
all a-twitter because they think someone else is telling them what to do, or the Purist
Police are "taking over".

I used to think it noble to offer unsolicited advice on such matters, but slowly came
to the place where I draw the line at solicited vs. unsolicited. I mean, general discussion
is great, but there is a line in there somewhere when a person just becomes annoying
(or worse).

If some stupid boob wishes to get their wallet out without doing any research, I am
fully accepting (and welcoming) that they might be eaten by alligators. I don't buy
soap or concrete without looking into what I am buying and what a reasonable price
might be. Why would anyone NOT ? More importantly, why would a 3rd party feel it
their duty to step into the fray ? You cannot fix stupid, and anyone not getting the bones
on a larger expenditure such as a car before getting out their bag of scheckels is just
plain foolish, or they have so much money to burn that they can afford to spend it
foolishly. Either way, it is none of my business to try and save the fool from himself.

Let the alligator races begin ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 11:09 pm:

I asked a few questions but never had a reply.
Now the listed has ended with the comment:

"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

Now I feel good as I have saved some poor slob a lot of money!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 03:22 am:

One of my long time favorite old sayings goes something like this:
"Who is the bigger fool?
The known fool?
Or the fool that will argue with the known fool?"

Sometimes I do try to notify sellers of glaring mistakes in their listings. Sometimes I get a thank you along with some intelligent additional comments. But then there are the other 3/4 of the times, Nasty comments, language I have never used in my life. From things they say you would think I attacked their religion.
If their writing in the listing shows a total lack of grammar and punctuation, plus a few misspelled words? Forget it. I rarely ever try to help those people. I ain't THAT fool.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 08:13 am:

More than likely i know less about the car/truck/tractor/gun than almost anyone! What i do know is i do not like people who mislead people,and think less of those who think think it's ok!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration