Think I solved my alternator problem

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Think I solved my alternator problem
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 02:40 pm:

Back in June, I drove the T to the PNC Arts Center in NJ for the Polish Fest Car Show.

On that trip, my ammeter was jumping like crazy and when I got home it would not register a charge when the car was running but would register discharge when the lights were on

Something was up. I continued to drive over the summer and nail the starter would no longer spin the car over but I could still hand crank it. At no time did the car ever show a charge during this time.

I had also noticed no residual magnetism in the alternator but I did notice while fiddling with the battery to alternator wire, the battery post on the alternator moved. So I screwed it in a little bit, just a tiny bit, and the alternator is charging the battery like crazy for the first time since June.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration