T pickup - Texan style

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: T pickup - Texan style
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 09:11 am:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5196752492.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 09:20 am:

Does "Texan style" mean that it's a cobbled-together mess with an atrocious color scheme?

"Professional Frame-off restoration" is in the ad. Right. You'd think that for $21K you'd at least get a parking brake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 09:42 am:

I like this one better, and it has documentation to boot.
http://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/5172327605.html
If I didn't need a new roof it would be mine!:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 11:36 am:

Both have incorrect tops, and the first one has the wrong pickup box. Why do people do these things?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 12:20 pm:

Larry : the first one also has a 26/27 transmission
and the rest of the engine pictures don't show enough to tell about the year of the engine. I know the top on the second one is wrong but one afternoon's work can fix that if all of the documentation is as it appears, but like all cars "Caveat Emptor" applies and on "T's" it is strongly recommended you look at what you are buying in person. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 01:09 pm:

But it looks like that first one even has a water pump! Then, there's the 'star' in the driveway, too. (If it's on 'dollies', does it even run?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 01:13 pm:

Hi Marvin,

Yes, when I saw the "dollies" I, too, had the same thought. I think that has got to be about the worst way to depict a vehicle for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 04:26 am:

i try not to be as critical of things as other people are but that first one does have eye wateringly bright paint. Where is the grease cup on the rear axle? is that why it's on rollers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 12:07 pm:

Watch it, Mike. The description left out the word "North", as in North Texas style. No T restorer south of Nacogdoches or Austin would bring such blaspheme upon a Model T, unless their wife was threatening them with an ultimatum.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration