Question about this 1911 engine number

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Question about this 1911 engine number
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 09:20 am:

I was looking at the Lau Torpedo auction on ebay and noticed something on the engine. It is engine number 48 thousand something and here is a picture of the right side of it, showing the engine number.:

And then this a photo of the left side of it:

Is that a number boss on that side of the engine too? Or did the put a casting date there for a while?

Thanks

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 09:29 am:

The area above the water inlet is the casting date. I have an engine with a serial number that is very close to this car, and it has the casting date in the same place. The head can have the casting date just above the Ford script.
I hope this helps
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

Thank you Russ. I have an engine in the 56 thousand rang and need to see if it is this way.

Herb

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration