Bumper Irons I.D.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Bumper Irons I.D.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 12:25 pm:

Are these bumper irons ? came with a 26 coupe but owner also had models As and others
Thank you--Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 02:33 pm:

Look to be Model A because of the U shaped bend at the bumper bar end. T brackets did not have the U shaped bend; only a gradual 90 degree bend from the support attached to the frame, curving outward to the bumper bar end. Also, any extra brackets attached to the main support were riveted; not bolted to the main support.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 04:43 pm:

Not exactly how I remember model A bumper brackets (however, that was a long time ago). They may have been modified or copied from model A to use on a T. I do not believe they are factory Ford brackets. However, there were quite a lot of after-market brackets made for Ts. These could be one of those, or from some other car entirely.
If they can fit onto a T well? And you like a bumper on a T? Use them.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 05:11 pm:

The shape is all wrong for Model A, so don't know what they are, could be aftermarket bumper bars for a T.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration