OT - Old Car Festival, who's going?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Old Car Festival, who's going?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 12:40 pm:

how about Dearborn to Lansing? What car(s) are you taking?

I'm starting to get ready. So far, oil change, lube, pack waterpump, and load tools. Now the hard part, cleaning..... :-(

Do I clean, or leave the evidence?

The plan is to leave sometime Next Monday, arriving Tuesday. Wednesday at Benson, Thursday/Friday tour Dearborn to Lansing and back. Saturday/Sunday is the pre 1932 traffic jam (OCF).

Have the "down under" contingent left yet?

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 01:04 pm:

I'll see you at lunch on Wednesday. I'm getting the S ready today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 01:30 pm:

Those red cars sure look nice!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 01:40 pm:

I won't be at the Lansing to Dearborn run (someday, though!) but I will definitely be at the OCF Saturday and Sunday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 01:47 pm:

We'll be at the OCF too with our '14 Touring. We'll be parked with the other '14's that are not being judged, and look forward to seeing you all.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 02:28 pm:

Rob,
You definitely have Bragging rights with all the Bug remains on your radiator. I like it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

Well, I for one, am STILL having trouble since they approved both cars (finally) sent them a check for $30. They cashed the check. Mr. Wade has asked me to do a comparison activity, which I accepted. Now they send emails & urgent letters saying, they are still awaiting payment!!! Totally ridiculous!!!
It is to the point where I should just forget the hassle, leave the cars at home and just go to see all the other cars/old friends!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

I will be there. Staying at he big hotel near Fairlane. It used to be called the Adoba. I am looking forward to seeing you all, especially Bud, Booth, and Rob. Next time I would like to camp in the parking lot with all the cool people :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By WilliamThomas Forsythe on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 03:04 pm:

Although I participated last year with our '12 T Touring- and thoroughly enjoyed the Saturday nite gas lite parade; this year I will be riding as mechanic in the left seat of my buddy Marc Lalonde's lovely 1904 Oldsmobile Model 6C. Indeed we will do Dearborn to Lansing on the Thursday and the return run to the OCF by Friday evening. Hope to see you all.
Tom ForsytheTom's T at the OCF

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 03:24 pm:

Ed,It looked like you picked on the guy's with easy to spell names!We will be looking for you and so many others!Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 03:26 pm:

Looking forward to seeing all of you. Ed, several of the "Early Ford Registry" group are also at the hotel formerly known as Adoba. I suspect we will be fairly easy to spot in the lounge or lobby on any evening except Thursday, when we will be in Lansing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 03:30 pm:

I'll be there to. First year for me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 03:40 pm:

G'day Rob,
Our group leave this Saturday our time, arriving at the Dearborn Inn Saturday evening your time.
Looking forward to catching up once more.

Best regards, John Page, Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 03:48 pm:

Maybe next year... Leave the bugs then when someone ask you do you really drive it? Just point them to the front of the car!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 03:59 pm:

John,

Perhaps we should have a "Commonwealth" meeting in the boardroom (lounge) at the Dearborne Inn, possibly Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon?

Have a good trip and see you soon,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 04:01 pm:

Bruce,
Your car is looking great!

However, did you leave it in the rain? It appears to have shrunk......
:-)

(I crack me up)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phillip Maurici on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 04:20 pm:

I will be there for the second time with my wife, son and 1917 Touring/Users/phillipmaurici/Desktop/IMG_5734.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phillip Maurici on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 04:29 pm:

How do I add a picture to my post????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 04:34 pm:

First, make sure that the picture you want to post has a file size of less than 250K. If it's bigger than that, here is a way to shrink the file size down:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/541631.html?1431838921

Then, click on "Upload Attachment" near the bottom of the page. Another window will appear, entitled, "Add Image or Attachment". Follow the directions in the window.

It is good practice to put a couple of blank lines above and below the funny text that will appear in your message for the picture. Good luck!

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 04:51 pm:

Me too. 1926 T Speedster & 1924 Buick Sedan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

I'll be pack'n and stack'n for the weekend. And probably won't be hard to find...

(Message edited by adminchris on September 01, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Martel in Temperance MI on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 12:15 am:

Michele and I will be there with "Trixie", our unrestored 27 Tudor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 06:14 am:

I'll have my '16 there and will also be driving my wife's '31 since she's still in Knoxville playing grandma.

I'm cleaning my garage at home to make room for my houseguests' car. They're driving a Rolls coming through Canada from Buffalo.

I just received my confirmation letter yesterday which advised me not to show up until registration time because Oakwood Boulevard and nearby Beech St. have no provisions to idle with a trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 06:50 am:

I got the same letter Tom, but I hope we can wait at the museum parking lot...????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 07:15 am:

Like John Seelman, this will be my first time too. Bringing the '15 Touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 07:33 am:

Tim. Looks like we will be comparing "15 tourings. Look me up, We'll have the red wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 07:59 am:

I'll be there with my 1914 touring and 1923 American LaFrance Brockway Torpedo fire engine. I haven't missed an OCF since 1963!! This will be my 34th year narrating the Pass In Review -- that's almost half of all the OCFs!! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 08:34 am:

I see we will not have to fool with the ropes this year.The no ropes might make it easier when we drive to visit friends?? Jack P are you bring your 14 with the self commencer?? I sure hope s as it is one great car!!!!! The letter also said the Museum will be closed 9/10/2015?? I hope it will be open sat/sunday in case of rain?? Usually if we are rained out we go to the museum! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 08:55 am:

You can always go over to Piquette Plant on Thursday if the weather is bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 09:03 am:

Bruce, are you taking your S on the Dearborn-Lansing tour?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 09:48 am:

I would like to donate some money to a fund towards having that eyesore of a church torn down across the street from the Piquette Plant! Is there anyone else in favor of seeing it gone?
I am curious if anyone knows what building was originally across the street? Just my thoughts.........

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 09:58 am:

Sir,I'm sorry to say because of high school we do not get to leave until friday afternoon.I remember several years ago when several toured to the Piquette Plant.That was my first meeting with Rolland Pallmetier [spelling??] who was one of the nicest people i ever met!!!!!!!!!!! I had never drove our T in traffic like that and i was scared! Bud with the 14's!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 10:05 am:

Willis, I'm with you on removing that eyesore building, but while we're at it why not remove that ugly modern "addition" sticking onto the side of the Piquette? Wouldn't it look great if it was a stand-alone building once more?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 10:41 am:

Willis,

There are plans. Takes time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 03:31 pm:

Ken: We will not be able to attend the OCF this year. The "self commencer" is tuned and ready and waiting.

Heinz starter

Heinz installed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 04:16 pm:

POOP!! Jack was and i'm sure is still a class act!! You will be missed!!!!!!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 06:24 am:

I stopped by the Dearborn Engineering Lab, formerly EEE, POEE, and now known as FEL. They were in the midst of an employee car show. The place has been re-done quite nicely.

A few photos from last week courtesy of my colleagues:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 06:28 am:

(Message edited by tmiller6 on September 02, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 06:33 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 12:03 pm:

Tom, Very nice pictures. Henry's last office was in that building. During last years' OCF, we looked into the outside window of his office. The window was dirty and the room looked dusty and unkept.

Do you know if they've preserved his office better than it was then? Have they identified it, perhaps with a plaque? They used to have a plexiglass panel at the door into his office from the hallway, but that was gone last year - just the frame was there and the door itself was closed and locked.

Just wondering....

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

Keith,

I walked by the office while I was there and the nameplate identified it as Mr. Ford's office. I was familiar with the plexiglass partition but I didn't see it this time. The wood door was closed.

They have exposed part of the original ceiling and call that area the City Center. They have vending machines and open seating in that area and it's used as meeting space during the day. The pillar with the names and heights remains intact and now sports a much nicer protective frame. It's good to see the building is being used again.

This construction photo shows the City Center. The two vertical walls now have photographic murals. One is one of the Fords looking down the hood of a speedster while the other is somewhat depressing. It shows the 15 Millionth with Henry and Edsel Ford in front of the building on the day of the announcement. Why they would highlight Model T's worst day is beyond me. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 01:40 pm:

The Ohio Lurker has struck again! Here is his latest message: "My name is Jeff Kern, and I am bringing our 1927 electricians Tudor to this years OCF. It has been in the family since 1955, and was restored in 1972; it has less than 11K miles on it. I have been going to the OCF since 1963, but have only been showing cars for the last four years. I am looking forward to seeing many old friends and making some new ones!" Thus endeth the message - The Lurker has spoken!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 02:37 pm:

1909 Model T Touring and 1913 Model T Touring will be there as well as there owners Phil and Mark Eyre.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 02:58 pm:

Hey Mark,Is the 09 the water pump 09?? Are you going to have it judged?? Bud DeLong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 03:23 pm:

Yes, it has a water pump I think it is like serial number 2150 so something near that, the 13 is new to us as a family but not new to me. I restored it several years ago and after the gentleman passed I acquired it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Rogahn on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 12:45 am:

I'll be there with "Bell" this year and I'm bringing family from Texas and Iowa. Bell is my brothers car that I had the opportunity to rebuild last winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

I hope all you guys going to the OCF have a great time! :-) Unfortunately, we cannot go AGAIN this year :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration