What timer did a 1916 come with?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What timer did a 1916 come with?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 01:47 pm:

Our 16 has a aluminum timer with roller no markings on it I can find. rip van winkle is cast iron timer anybody know what a 16 came with? Would it have ford on it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 02:13 pm:

From Rodda's Volume I: ... a cast iron timer ... was used in 1914 and 1915. This timer used a brass screw-in oiler. The cover could have been stamped. It is round with the spring inside. This is the first timer that has a Ford script.

Rodda doesn't say it, but I figure the next one is for 1916: The oiler has been changed to steel. It is round with the spring inside. It is pressed in instead of threaded and screwed in.

The next four timers are stamped. All of them are Ford script. There is no documentation as to when they were used. They could have been used at the same time, made by different manufacturers.

Unfortunately the pictures with the text are poor quality and don't show much detail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 02:14 pm:

That is probably the original. The change was made to cast iron some time in 1916. Those are some of the best timers Ford made.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration