Huckster with OHV? FOR SALE!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Huckster with OHV? FOR SALE!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5155357430.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 03:47 pm:

Yep, a Frontenac and Bosch front plate magneto drive. Neat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 04:57 pm:

" with original overhead valve motor "?? Nothing on the engine looks earlier than 1920. How can it be original to 1915???

I know. Shut up Sheldon!

Nice speedster engine however. And some good potential for a '15.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

I really have little fondness for hucksters as they are appear *fake* except for some possible originals. However something about this one is appealing...it even appears real. Perhaps it is just because it is old and shows some age...and character. Love the engine...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 05:28 pm:

What is a "huckster"? I`ve got my 1915 Depot Hack for sale (see classifdes) but the title says "1914 T T Huckster" Hope to get the title changed, soon---just not sure what is SHOULD be called....Heres a photo:

1915 Depot Hack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 05:29 pm:

150 good price

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 05:31 pm:

15k sorry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 05:40 pm:

I believe "huckster" was a term for traveling sales or middleman. I think it also could have negative connotations, but not originally. "Huckster" wagons and trucks were used by hucksters to carry their wares (again, I think).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 10:24 pm:

Rob should know what a 'Huckster' is. He was born in Nebraska and went to school there. I think I have it right. Everyone from Nebraska is a 'Corn Huckster'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 10:26 pm:

Dave,

Quit "Badgering" me.....

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 10:53 pm:

The Huckster and Depot Hack were similar body configurations. If the rear portion of the body has seats or benches and is intended for hauling passengers, it's a Hack. If the rear portion is intended to haul goods of some kind, it's an Express Delivery to most of the body makers. Those also were nicknamed "Hucksters" because they often were used to haul produce from farms to town for sale. Just park the truck on a main street and sell your produce out of the back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 07:55 am:

Dave I think that is "Husker".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 10:23 am:

Herb, you're right but "huckster" is more fun. Especially when you consider he's talking to Rob "Speedy" Heyen. Okay, enough of that. It's time to "gopher" some fuel for the speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 12:12 am:

Mike

You are right. We need to gopher a ride together so we can badger a few hucksters or huckeyes down there in Nebraska and Iowa.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration