T Timer Download

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: T Timer Download
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 08:40 pm:

My data was recently downloaded from the computer in my timer. I thought some guys here might like to see what I've been UP to?

It was very interesting for me to be able to see the temps, RPM's and supplied voltages that were recorded. I was told the number of times it was turned on may not be that accurate if you have an elect starter. I only have a crank so I think it may be close if it reflects the number of times the ignition switch was turned on.

I remember the Max RPM day had to be when during the Finest City Tour and we drove back down on the 5 Frwy going past the Delmar racetrack my GPS recorded my fastest ever speed at 70 MPH!

I wonder if it also records where I've been and what stores I went to?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 08:56 pm:

Here's the download info Sorry I didn't include it in the original post..

Model T Electronic Ignition Operational Summary
Default Timing Mode is ATA
Default Timing Mode has been programmed 0 times

Model T Default Timing Mode has been programmed
0 times
Last supply voltage was 12.57VDC
Highest supply voltage was 13.96VDC
Lowest supply voltage was 6.68VDC

Last operating temperature was 30.63C/ 87.125F
Highest operating temperature was 101.88C/ 15.375F
Lowest operating temperature was 4.38C/ 39.875F

Highest engine speed was approximately 2795 RPM

Number of times ignition was powered for operation was 786 times

Software version is 13 0
TEIGN Serial Number 31

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnH on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 11:32 pm:

Very useful and interesting! One day I'd like to see what's being stored in the timer I'm trying out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 12:07 am:

Highest operating temperature was 101.88C/ 15.375F ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 06:59 am:

Gene: If I had a choice to add to the E-Timer records, miles per gallon & spedo/odo records for shitz & giggles.........

But in reality, Mike has done a great service with his E-Timer. I've had mine "read" a few times during the beta-phase testing and beyond. A glitch with the Fahrenheit reading but I could live with that.

My rebuilt coils are happily stored in a Ford coil box along with the Anderson timer in the turtle deck..... in case someone else needs ignition coils.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin in South Africa on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 07:12 am:

I think the highest temp should read 101.88C/ 215.375F

I believe that reading...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 07:34 am:

I believe you are right!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 11:23 am:

Thanks Justin, Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion .... not on my dance card...lol .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 01:27 pm:

Thanks Justin, Slight error in my keyboard maybe...

I was sort of surprised with the high temp reading and wondered if it might have been on the National Lincoln NE tour. I had measured 138F on the floorboard where my wife's feet usually are one day!

Guess that computer stuff in the Etimer is pretty darn good stuff! Yup, Mike has certainly done a great job in my book. I don't carry a spare timer anymore but did put back in a spare coil on Dean Yoder's recommendation just in case. Most trouble free part on the car now.

Thanks MIKE!! Also A Thanks to all the rest of the guys that make great replacement parts so we can keep our cars out on the road without breakdowns.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration