New toy

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New toy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 10:36 pm:

Today bought a inspection camera from Harbor Freight. Worth every penny I spent. Lately I thought I had shedding cotton bands. Come to find out, engine ate a red rag bummer. I used camera to find it. I would find parts of rag when I dumped oil. Thought I was goimg to have to pull the engine. Camera showed it wrapped around main bearing and oil tube spot. So I dropped the pan cover and got what was left of the rag. Now I`ll deal with oil tube spot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 10:59 pm:

LOL,you should have called Mikey. he' good at removing rags.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 11:11 pm:

I resemble that remark!

But I did learn from that mistake and did it only once............(even though it was 5 rags). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 12:13 am:

LOL, Always count the rags stuffed into the transmission both in and out! And on top of that make sure that the rebuilt rear end, with expensive new ring and pinion gears, that you installed in the car over 5 years ago, in a car you are restoring on budget, has oil in it when you take it for the first test drive! Don't ask me how I know this....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 01:16 am:

I tried getting at the oil tube scoop to clean it out with no luck. Now what? If it was my sedan, I would remove the seats, and pull the hogs head. But it is a touring, bench seat won`t come out. I think it would be about as easy to pull the whole engine and trans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 07:20 am:

Rick I have removed the hogshead from my '13 touring with no problem this past spring. You should be able to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson Salty Bottom, AL on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 07:30 am:

Bits of red rags can hide from you. Complete teardown would be wise, for the sake of your wallet. This was not my engine- I just helped clean it up.

ragtime in tranny

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration