Plate Restoration

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Plate Restoration
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By justin cox on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 12:26 am:

Here is a before and after picture of my license plate that I just had restored for my car. As you can see the plate was in very bad shape, but Barn of classic plate restoration did an outstanding job of restoring it. He was very quick and reasonable in getting the job done. If you have a plate that you need restored I highly recommend using his services.

Here is a link to his site--- http://www.classicplaterestoration.com/

b

a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 12:43 am:

Beginning in 1941 New Mexico plates used to have just the motto Land of Enchantment. Now, in bigger print, they've added New Mexico USA for the benefit of all the ignoramuses who think it's a foreign country. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 12:48 am:

Wow! That looks awesome!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 12:48 am:

Justin: the top photo shows black and white and the bottom red and white or silver.
I guess the red and ? is the correct color.

bill d
\California

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 01:30 am:

I once took a customer's 450 SL to get painted.
When I took the customer to pick it up he just walked around the car a few times saying, "Damn, Damn, damn." Then finally he said, "Damn, it's the wrong color"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By justin cox on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 10:57 am:

Bill, yes the bottom pic are the correct colors. I am not sure why it was repainted black and white which was totally wrong.

Steve--- Several years ago a lady from NM was on Wheel of Fortune and they said that they could not ship her prizes to her out side of the USA---oops!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 11:09 am:

Steve, the plates did have that for a while but I think they have dropped the "USA" recently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 12:09 pm:

I think this is the present standard plate. some of the specialty plates don't have the USA slogan.

One of my favorite stories is the Ivy League college dean (!) who wrote to the University of New Mexico asking if students attending summer school there would need visas.
:-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration