My brother passed away

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: My brother passed away
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug hauge upstate NY stittville 13469 on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 09:42 am:

many of you didn't have the pleasure of meeting him, but those of you that did know he was quite the character. r.scott hauge, a model Ter for all his life passed away in his sleep Friday night. he has suffered the last 7 years but never lost his happy sense of humor. in his 60 years he gave our family and friends a laugh and time spent with him a great memory. he flew out to seattle Washington to meet his son and I at the finish line of the ocean to ocean tour. scott was at the 100th year party and we had the time of our life there. he has been attending Hershey on and off for the last 20 or so years, most recently last year. always looking for a bargain weather buying or selling. he has bought and sold several model Ts over the years and just loved the hobby and the people involved in it. he had no enemies, just a new friends wherever he went. god speed my brother, have a great time driving model Ts with all the others that have passed and remember, spark up, throttle down 1/2 way, brake set, key left!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux Margaret River West Oz on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 09:45 am:

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 09:46 am:

Sorry to hear it but it sound's like a life well lived!!Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 09:55 am:

Our condolences. Karen and Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 10:04 am:

Thats the way to do it, well done Scott, well done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 10:15 am:

Doug,

I visited my Mom yesterday in Springfield, OR.

I had not seen her for 13 years.

My oldest brother has MS - I try to keep in touch with him.

Family Is Everything.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 10:15 am:

He sounds like a pretty great guy. Sorry for your loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 10:58 am:

Doug, Truly sorry for your loss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 11:07 am:

Doug, You have our most sincere sympathy.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 11:20 am:

Very sorry for your loss, Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 11:22 am:

Doug..sorry to hear of your brothers passing. 60 is way too young. Met you & Ruckstell at homecoming..wouldve been great to have met him too. Prayers go out to you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 11:35 am:

Sorry for your loss Doug,prayers for you and yours

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Cress on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 12:27 pm:

Sorry about our loss. We all enjoyed the time we spent with Scott. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 01:08 pm:

Hello Doug,

I am so sorry for your loss. Take strength in the many fond memories. Hang in there. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tex Holtby on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 01:19 pm:

Doug - So sorry to hear of the loss of your brother Scotty. I enjoyed the time spent with him at Hershey last year. Sixty years is too short.... Let me know if there is anything Nanc and I can do. Cherish all the memories you have of him my friend! Tex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 01:21 pm:

My Condolences to you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 01:23 pm:

Doug, our condolences to you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 01:43 pm:

Sorry to hear of your loss. Glad you have some fond memories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 01:52 pm:

My thoughts are with you and the family.
With a name like Hauge, it sounds like you may have Norwegian roots.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 02:12 pm:

Very sorry to learn of your Brother's passing Doug. Thanks for sharing memories of good times past. Condolences to you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

Sorry for your loss; my condolences to you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Eagle River, Alaska on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 04:27 pm:

Doug: Doris and I are saddened for Scotty's passing. Our condolences to you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 04:39 pm:

So saddened by your loss. However, pleased that you had a long and good relationship with your brother. Not much in life comes close to the having really good family relationships. Cherish those memories.
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 05:18 pm:

Sorry for your loss, it sounds as if he lived his life, the way we all wish we could, happy, with a smile on his face, and spreading that joy to everyone he came in contact with.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 08:00 pm:

Doug,
Our heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. May the memories you had together always make you smile

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 08:56 pm:

Sorry bud

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

Sorry for your loss Doug, best wishes to you and your family at this difficult time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 11:40 pm:

Sorry Doug....Hang in there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 03:07 am:

My deepest condolences.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 07:54 am:

Sorry to hear this Doug.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 08:12 am:

Doug,
We are deeply saddened by the loss of your brother.
Our sincere condolences to you and your family.
Hold fast to your happy memories of him.
Brent & Nancy Mize
Tony & Susan Wiltshire

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 04:30 pm:

Doug,
My condolences on such a close loss, and prayers for you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 05:15 pm:

Very sorry for your loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike dixon on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 07:35 am:

did i hear that right, "havent seen my mom in 13 years",? and he travels the usa? isnt that special?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 08:07 am:

Doug,

Im sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. You and your extended family will be in our thoughts and prayers. I encourage you to take time to process and grieve it is an important part of dealing with life. And as you drive a long in your T cherish those good times the two of you had together. As Art Buchwald said, The best things in life arent things.

God Bless,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug hauge upstate NY stittville 13469 on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 10:08 am:

dear model T family! our family over 60 strong, thanks everyone for the words of hope and prayers. we had a celebration of his life down in florida. our parents, all of us brothers and our sister, his children and grandchildren and many of his nieces and nephews were there. scott is in heaven now watching us as we are just about all set up for the wedding of our niece sarah. she is getting married at our home here in upstate NY. with 150 family and friends will be coming to watch her wed the love of her life! his name is scott! we love him and welcome him into our family. funny how we loose one scott and gain another.i will of course be bringing the parents of the bride (my sister) to the alter (arbor) in my 1917 T and then deliver my niece sarah to the alter in the T. of course we can't have a wedding with out a T in it! my parents married 65 years ago sept 30th this year. mom and dad still have his 1921 roadster that he bought in 1945 and courted my mother in it. they can still be seen driving around the streets of port st joe florida, in that wonderful car that they started in 69 years ago. so weather it be our immediate family our T family, we are all related some how and cherish them all. thank you again to all of you. see you soon in Hershey at gbl 20-21. stop by and say hi, or you will see me driving around in my T with my faithful dog "ruxstell" a white eye browed husky.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 11:09 am:

Doug
My wife grandson and I had dinner with you and your brother at Chickasha a few years ago.

My prayers are with you and your family

Kirk
Granada Hills California

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug hauge upstate NY stittville 13469 on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 10:34 am:

yes you did! happy memories, thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 12:03 pm:

Very sorry for your loss.....sounds like you enjoyed a wonderful life with your brother. Our prayers are with you

Les
Fallbrook, Ca.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willard Revaz on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 02:39 pm:

Doug, sorry to hear of your brother's passing. I was privileged to meet him in Chattanooga and share some of that Hauge humor with him. He now is without pain and worries. Take time to always remember him and keep his memory alive. Look forward to seeing you and "Ruckstell" in Hershey.

Willard & Barbara

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 03:23 pm:

Doug, sorry to hear of your loss. When I think of the relationship I've had with my brother over the years it still baffles me that he's my best friend. I guess the many good times more than make up for all our silly little squabbles. RIP Scott. God bless!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 08:28 pm:

It always saddens me to hear of the loss of a family member or close friends and my thoughts are with you

I place my hope on the faith that we will meet again because they are in a better place.

Without hope all is lost.
With hope/faith there is victory.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration