Carburetor Identifiaction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Carburetor Identifiaction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Waddell sr. on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 10:07 am:

Working on a 26. The choke and mixture parts are missing. before I can order the correct parts, I need to know what carb I have. Attempts to post pictures didn't work.( I don't know how to reduce the size.) If someone would be so kind as to email me. I can email a pair of pictures that should give someone "in the know" enough information to determine the type I have. thanks, Dave dwad1939@att.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 10:30 am:

David quicker way is to type in your search box;
mtfca; carburetor (kingston, holley)
You should get lots of hits. Good chance you will have a Holley NH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 03:08 pm:

Here are Dave's pictures.

Looks to me like a straight-through NH with an extra drain valve added. Dave, look on the far side of the top, facing the engine. There may be an ID tag there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 08:01 pm:

I think it is a Detroit carb. Kinda rare,but they make good wall hangers. I actually found one for Russ Potter's collection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 08:05 pm:

I think it is a regular NH that has a Kingston L4 bowl installed. That works fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

I retract my guess.On second look it appears to be a Simmons,with the bowl switch as Royce states.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Waddell sr. on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 04:46 pm:

My reason to ID the carb is to learn which parts to buy to give me the choke and mixture parts that will work. I found A Choke rod in Macs catalog that is long enough but it didn't show a "fork" on the end. Perhaps the illustration just cropped it off? Also the slider that choke is connected to shows two different part numbers. The illustrations looked the same. On the plus side, I have the valves installed and the head torqued. The entire wire harness is being installed as I find time. It won't be long before I "smoke test" it! LOL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

The 26 choke setup will not work. You will need the earlier style spray needle adjuster and a separate wire to pull the choke. The 26 up setup used a u-joint not the fork and the spray needle was taller.

If you wanted to use the 26 rod and choke assembly you would have to make the forked end that would slide on the square shaft. Adding to that, the spray needle is not the same as NH carbs there are enough differences so one can't be subsatuted for the other.

(Message edited by redmodelt on September 03, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 08:57 pm:

Jack is right. I just looked at a Wizard carburetor to be sure. It's a Simmons Western Auto Wizard with a Kingston L4 bowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

All the Nh parts will fit it,except the main needle is different.And,you can have a needle made to use the 26 swivel. (don't ask how I know.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Waddell sr. on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 09:59 pm:

Thanks guys. I'll report back when I have a solution.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration